Duo_Liang submitted January 9 2019

A Java Stand-alone application that runs at client side.

Prerequisite:
This tool is encapsulated as an Executive Jar, so you need to install the JRE/JDK environment in order to run the Jar.

Supported Function:

1. Allow using API KEY or email/password as a credential.

2. Loading all packages of all sender under your main account within a period of time.(0 <= timeDiff <= 365)

3. Allow specifying save folder.

4. Download Completed Packages:

4.1 Allow to select partial of completed packages

4.2 For each package, download a zip file including evidence summary and all signed documents.

5. Export Packages as CSV file:

5.1 Two Options -- export only completed packages or export package of all status.(not include deleted packages)

Update 1.7.1: 2024/04/12

1. Fixed an issue where it would cause infinite loop when end user entered wrong credentials.

Update 1.7.0: 2024/04/12

1. Count the number of senders first before querying the sender API.

Update 1.6.9.1: 2024/02/13

1. Add duplicate filename handling for file download process.

Update 1.6.8: 2023/08/04

1. Increase the sender limitation to 2000. Also see release note "Update 1.6.0".

Update 1.6.7: 2023/06/07

1. Allow to filter transactions by keyword (transaction name and description), sender (sender email, Id, f/lname) and status (multi-select).

2. Now the reports include either selected transactions (before it was completed transactions), or transactions of all statuses.

Update 1.6.6: 2023/06/06

-Add a new function bulk delete selected transactions. Users can expect a warning dialog to double confirm before final delete.

Update 1.6.5.2: 2023/04/21

-Use system proxy as default

-Escape downloaded documents' names

-Add transaction ID as a suffix to downloaded evidence summary ("Evidence Summary_C_ejhz7t2XqlHiEodYrdo1beMXc=.pdf") and uploaded attachments folder ("Uploaded Attachments_C_ejhz7t2XqlHiEodYrdo1beMXc="), so that if you have select multiple zip files in a folder and choose "Extract Files...", the extracted evidence summary and attachments folders won't overwrite each other.

Update 1.6.5: 2023/04/19

-Allow to customize the name of the downloaded PDFs. An additional toggle was added to the left bottom of the panel to enter the name formula.

-The default value is "{document_name}", and the other available placeholders are "transaction_name", "transaction_id", "transaction_desc", "document_name", "document_id", "document_desc", "fieldname:your_field_name", "fieldid:your_field_id".

-For example you have a label field "client_name" that you want to make as part of the document name, your formula could be like "{document_name} - {fieldname:client_name}".

Update 1.6.4: 2023/03/28

1.Allow to select draft transactions from list

2.For non-integrated users, resolved an issue when using login credentials.

Update 1.6.3: 2023/03/16

-Add time zone support.

Update 1.6.2: 2023/03/16

-Add export fields CSV functionality, to export a list of all transactions with their field data in CSV format. Rename packages to transactions in UI labels.

Update 1.6.1: 2023/02/03

-Move project to Maven file structure with POM file. Rename esignlive package to OneSpan.

Update 1.6.0: 2022/12/14

-For accounts with more than 1,000 senders, instead of looping through senders and retrieve each senders' transactions, the tool now uses transaction summary API. This significantly improves the performance in this case, however some features will be disabled, e.g. to download flattened PDF or to download signer attachments. Also, the exported report will miss some columns, e.g. signer list, document list, transaction attributes, etc.

Update 1.5.5: 2022/11/22

-Fixed a bug where the selected file path was not correct for Mac users.

Update 1.5.4: 2022/11/04

-Added an index at the front of each line.

Update 1.5.2: 2021/12/10

-Fixed a bug in version 1.5.1 where if the account has Roles & Permissions turned on and the tool might not read the admin user's permissions properly.

Update 1.5.1: 2021/12/01

-Added an additional option to download flattened documents. This option will be turned off by default (download active documents by default), hence it won't affect your normal usage.

Update 1.5.0: 2021/11/23

-For accounts who has turned on the "Roles & Permissions" feature, as of release 11.45, a new permission "Manage users’ transactions, templates, layouts (API)" has been introduced. This has changed the way how the tool retrieves the transactions and downloads signed documents & evidence summary. 

-Despite the complexity in code upgrade, the end users of the tool simply need to make sure your admin account has at least "API Access" and "Manage users’ transactions, templates, layouts (API)" permissions to manage all your senders' transactions.

Note:
(1)Accounts that hasn't turned on the RnP feature won't be affected by this upgrade.

(2)Considering Production environments are still in 11.44 release, I've also attached the v1.4.2 tool for the backward compatibility.

(3)For now, "Admin" role won't be automatically granted the new permissions, hence you will need to manually create a customized role and assign the role to your admin user. Also, "Admin" user won't be able to edit their own account role through UI, you will need to either edit through another admin user, or contact support team to have your account set up properly.

Update 1.4.2: 2021/10/01

-When the account has turned on the “Roles & Permissions” feature:

1. Removed the logic to query every sender’s Account Role For better performance

2. Adapted the response handling for API “GET /api/account/senders/{senderId}/roles” 

Update 1.4.1: 2021/03/17

1. Set JVM default locale as Locale.US.

Update 1.4.0: 2021/03/04

1. Support entering API Client ID + Secret as login credentials. 

Update 1.3.8: 2021/02/25

1. Add a retry mechanism for most core outbound APIs

2. Add an option to enable logging capability - user needs to toggle the option and select a directory to store log files. This log file WON'T store your API Key / login credentials, but still may include sensitive information, hence it's important to keep the log files in a secured location or remove it after execution.

Update 1.3.7: 2021/02/23

1. The tool now supports accounts with Roles & Permission feature turned on. Make sure the input user has the "Admin" role. 

Update 1.3.6: 2021/02/17

1. Allow to list and download not completed transactions.

Update 1.3.5: 2020/11/04

1. Date Picker is editable now.

Update 1.3.4: 2020/10/30

1. fixed a bug introduced by previous code change that failed to load transactions when logged in user is a regular member. 

Update 1.3.3: 2020/10/16

1. Retrieve the usage report before loading all packages, and only loads partial senders and package statuses accordingly. This optimization helps to reduce outbound API calls.
2. provide support for accounts enabled sub-account feature. Because subaccount is still an evolving feature, please make a post or leave a comment below if it doesn't work for your account.

Update 1.3.1: 2020/09/24

1. if enabled Roles & Permission, sender role will be reflected as the actual role(s) in CSV report - there's a known issue that even if a sender has "Admin" role, if the sender's type is "Regular" instead of "Manager", the sender still missed some API access.

2. allowed to select only completed or archived packages for downloading

3. offered an option to avoid downloading signed documents

4. better UI auto-sizing

Update 1.3.0: 2020/09/18

1. introduced multiple language support for Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese, localization includes all the UI labels and the downloaded file names.

2. add an option to include signer attachments. Attachments are downloaded individually with naming convention of {attachment_name}_{signer_full_name}_{actual_uploaded_file_name}

3. refactored the string encoding to better support accent characters

Update 1.2.1: 2020/09/04

1. allow on-premise users to specify custom instance URL.

Update 1.2.0: 2020/08/20

1. fix an issue that the tool failed to connect through proxy when username + password are specified.

Update 1.1.9: 2020/04/20

1. fix a CSV display issue when sender's first/last name, or the package name contains comma. The tool will surround double quotation marks to the string in these cases.

Update 1.1.8: 2020/04/17

1. removed the limitation that only pulls senders with status of "ACTIVE", that's because in many cases, senders are auto-provisioned and therefore might be active in PENDING status.

2.Now the tool only won't pull senders with "LOCKED" status, this is because suspended sender's API Key can't be directly used to pull packages. It's a known limitation that if there are still ongoing packages under a suspended sender, these packages won't be retrieved.

Update 1.1.7: 2020/03/26

1. add the proxy capability, allow to manually choose proxy ip/port or use a proxy script, also allow proxy authentication

2. fixed a bug that previous versions won't export trashed packages in the report (this is because the package retrieval API won't return trashed packages)

3. provide an extra option to choose whether to export packages to the report where the sender is just a signer (sender is not the package owner)

If you have any questions or suggestions on this tool, please feel free to make a post!

Rate this Code Share

Comments

Reply to: OneSpan Sign - Transaction Export & Download Tool - v1.7.1

0 votes

Hello Duo,

Would you advise how the statistic of the sender and package was obtained, how package count for  individual sender for a period of time is calculated? As I have difficult to use rest API to determine packages owned by a sender. The Rest API will require the package status, or the folder type. 

Thanks,

CX

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Caihong,

For how the package count are calculated - I get the numbers from the usage report API.

To get the detailed transactions - First you need API Keys of each sender (GET /api/accounts/senders/{senderId}/apiKey), then with this API Key, use below parameters:

GET /api/packages?from=1&to=100&lastUpdatedStartDate=2021-01-01&lastUpdatedEndDate=2021-03-08&query=sent

GET /api/packages?from=1&to=100&lastUpdatedStartDate=2021-01-01&lastUpdatedEndDate=2021-03-08&query=completed

GET /api/packages?from=1&to=100&lastUpdatedStartDate=2021-01-01&lastUpdatedEndDate=2021-03-08&query=draft

GET /api/packages?from=1&to=100&lastUpdatedStartDate=2021-01-01&lastUpdatedEndDate=2021-03-08&query=archived

GET /api/packages?from=1&to=100&lastUpdatedStartDate=2021-01-01&lastUpdatedEndDate=2021-03-08&query=trashed

Note:
-"query=inbox" includes Sent and Completed packages (I practically won't use this parameter)

-all these statuses won't included Trashed package, therefore needs an additional call

-"query=draft" = Draft status+ Expired status + Declined status+ Oped_Out status

Duo

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Duo,

Thank you for quick reply.

I inquired /reports/usage on one sandbox account and received following numbers, so this sender created 83 packages during a period of time.

"packages": {

"expired": 62,

"completed": 21

}

Based on your experience, how long will it take to run API /reports/usage on an account with  9000 senders for daily transactions?

Thanks,

CX

0 votes

Hello Duo,

Would you advise how the statistic of the sender and package was obtained, how package count for  individual sender for a period of time is calculated? As I have difficult to use rest API to determine packages owned by a sender. The Rest API will require the package status, or the folder type. 

Thanks,

CX

0 votes

Hello Duo,

I am having trouble getting all of the completed transactions loaded. I first ran it as someone who has mangers role but very few packages were loaded, then I tried using the account owner's credentials as well as the API key but still not all the packages are loaded. It seems like only packages sent by users with managers role were retrieved, those who were sent by users with member role were not retrieved.  I am using version 1.4.0 of the tool, do you know why not all packagers would be loaded?

Thanks,

E'Kong

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi E'Kong,

Thanks for your feedback! Could you tell me a bit more about your account - besides Roles & Permissions, have you also enabled Subaccount feature? Also, is it possible to share your account owner's email to [email protected] so that I can have a quick check of your account settings?

Duo

0 votes

Hi Duo,

Can the latest source code for the tool be found here?

https://community.onespan.com/documentation/codeshare/onespan-sign-package-export-download-tool-source-code-0

Thank you!

Vince

0 votes

Sorry, didn't mean to post twice.

0 votes

Hi Duo,

I am trying to access the latest version of the tool with my account credentials and it throws me the error that you can see in the image below. However, with those credentials I can enter the Web UI.

A few days ago I could enter without problems

Do you know what could be the problem?

Thank you!

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi AD240,

Thanks for the post! From the screenshot, the error message is not the typical "username or password is incorrect" or "user not found", hence I doubt it's because of the wrong credentials.

Could you:

(1)Try to use the tool with API Key. If your account is an integrated account and you are the account owner, you could find it in the Web UI > Admin > API Access

(2)Enable the logging capability, have a quick browse on the error trace and if necessary, please remove all the sensitive information and share the logs to [email protected].

Duo

Reply to:

0 votes

Thank you Duo,

I thought about the alternative of entering with the API key, but when I go to the Admin menu I can't find the option "API Access" (below is the image of the admin menu that I see). Do I have to ask for it to be enabled?

Regarding enabling the logging capability, how do I enable it? and how do I view the logs?

Thank you!

Admin Menu

Reply to:

0 votes

As per the API Key access, please kindly check with your customer service representative if your account's license allows to have the option turn on. For the logging capability, from the copy tool login panel, below the "choose language" option, toggle the "Deshabilitar Registro" and select a directory with "Seleccionar una Carpeta" button. The logs will be saved in the folder with a name similar to "OSS Transaction Export and Download Log - 6-2_111328.log".

Duo

0 votes

Hello Duo,

Most of our users have English setup on their desktop as default Language.  We do have a user setup with CAD - French desktop enabled and cannot run the tool - Any ideas how to get around this ? Thanks

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi wilsoc7,

Does your user run with the latest version of tool? Because in the version 1.4.1, I specified the default locale as English in case the tool doesn't support the system's default language:

Locale.setDefault(Locale.US);

As per your description, I think the issue is around the mismatch between the system language and JVM locale anyways.

Duo

Reply to:

0 votes

Please let me know if this works for your client. For getting notified, we don't really have the subscribe function for the Code Shares, but we can definitely raise it as a request to dev team who are maintaining the site. On top of that, if it's been a long time since the last execution, you may have to go back to this link and check if the version has been updated.

Duo

0 votes

0 votes

I have following question, please advise. Thanks a log.

• I can see that there are 6 completed eSign Packages, please see my screenshot.

• I use the Tool to download the packages, only two were successfully downloaded to my local folder.

• Error Message screenshot
  • Error Message:

ZfdZ2AksBWKDG5Urh6TTFbPiWTM= : Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://sandbox.e-signlive.com/api/packages/ZfdZ2AksBWKDG5Urh6TTFbPiWTM=/documents/zip

ft-9i441KaZ5R9B66APZ6uye__s= : Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://sandbox.e-signlive.com/api/packages/ft-9i441KaZ5R9B66APZ6uye__s=/documents/zip

YzDDMCBhL7LKZLpk2muxo1_dY4M= : Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://sandbox.e-signlive.com/api/packages/YzDDMCBhL7LKZLpk2muxo1_dY4M=/documents/zip

ObYB-NGq7kjz7uMjmP7mSTxamf0= : Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://sandbox.e-signlive.com/api/packages/ObYB-NGq7kjz7uMjmP7mSTxamf0=/documents/zip

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Jayne,

Thanks for reporting this to us and thanks for the information! 

Is the error consistent if you re-download again? The 500 error returns from the OneSpan Server, however I've already added a retry mechanism for the download function and the tool now only throws an error after three failure attempts, thus the chances should be low if it's an intermittent API failing due to poor internet connection. If it keeps failing to download, could you try to download via the web portal and see if that works? Depending on the results, we may need to further check the logs via support team.

Duo

0 votes

Hi Duo,

One team in our company ran this tool, and it took him at least 8 minutes to get the 2nd screen to be displayed. Can you advise what caused this issue? I would like to send you the log file,  since it is a production account, can I have your email address?

Thanks,

Caihong 

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Caihong,

Because the tool pulls all the senders under the account and their respective API Keys during the login process, which might be the cause of the issue. But still, 8 minutes is still relatively too long. And my email is [email protected], since it's regarding to a production account, please make sure there's no sensitive information in the logs before your team sends to me.

Duo

0 votes

Hello Duo! My team and I are utilizing the download to download eSigned agreements from the portal, but we're running into an issue with authorization. At the moment we're receiving this error when we try to authenticate with our OneSpan key. Can you provide any insight as to what we are doing wrong? Your help is much appreciated! :) (I'm so sorry for the spam message submission! Idk why my post is showing up 3 times.)

Connection Test fail (unauthorized.nosession)

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your feedback and no worries about the duplicated message at all! 

Could your team send the instance URL and the account ID to [email protected] so that I can help you check if there's any mismatch?

- The instance URL is for example https://sandbox.esignlive.com or https://sandbox.e-signlive.com or https://apps.esignlive.com

- To get the account ID, base64 decode your API Key and only send the first half before the colon. (Please don't share the API Key directly)

Duo

0 votes

Hi Stephan,

Looks like it is still not working. The Next process button is disabled maybe due to the exception (ssl cert issue?). Could you help?

Thanks,

Yinglong

0 votes

For Span Date 04/16 - 04/18 - the web GUI has 1 completed / 8 in progress.

This tool did not pull any.  Why?

I verified that the dates in the Web GUI and the dates in the download tool are matching....

So what is the WebGUI using as date - last updated?
What is the tool using as date - creation?

That is my only thought is the search criteria in web GUI is different than the download tool.

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi roochm,

Thanks for your post!

The parameters used in tool should be aligned with the web GUI - both are filtered by the latest update date. Could you use a wider range of date and see if these 9 packages can be listed in the tool? Otherwise, would you mind double-checking if the API Key / Login Credentials are consistent to your web GUI account?

Duo

Reply to:

0 votes

If I add more than 3 days to the pull, the tool locks up / stop responding due to the amount of records in that span ... So I am limited to 3 days and probably less during the weekdays.

On other pulls, the tool has pulled 1 record in complete and 2 in complete were missed... the 1 that pulled in the tool matched 1 on the GUI and the other 2 missed were just missed.  So do we have records with different credentials? Could it be a time zone issue, signed at 11:50PM CST and the tool uses EST or does it use GMT calculating the different time zones to match the GMT time?

The API and creds match the Web GUI and this tool.

0 votes

Hi Duo....We are using the Package Export & Download tool v1.4.2 to download documents from a US2 Sandbox account.  When we enter the 'account' API key, and have 'Exclude Attachments disabled' and 'Include Audit Trail, Include Signed Documents and Export All Status' enabled, it will only download packages that the Owner account created...not other individual Users/Senders.  If we disable 'Include Audit Trail', then all packages are downloaded regardless of who created them.  However, in the PROD environment the process is working fine....no issues.  The only thing we noticed is that in Sandbox we have Release 11.45 and in PROD it is Release 11.44.  Can you please investigate and advise.  Thanks Anne-Marie

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Anne-Marie,

Thanks for raising this to me! 

When you mentioned "it will only download packages that the Owner account created, not other individual Users/Senders", do you mean it failed to download (an X mark displayed upfront the line), or those packages are completely not get loaded in the list? Any chance to share such a package ID so that I can look closer into the issue?

Duo

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Duo, 

Yes, an 'X' displayed upfront on the line (beside the box I checked to request the download for that specific package).  Here are a couple of the package IDs that did not get downloaded: caiJAHL6pJl1cq65HNG3f8SK4eA=   and   CaVFo_i7LuzqF3vJhrTG9Vj4fFA=

Thanks, Anne-Marie

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Anne-Marie,

Thanks for the information! It sounds like the tool failed to download the evidence summary, considering it works when only downloading the signed documents. Could you kindly open a support ticket at [email protected] and if it's possible, able the logging option in tool (when you insert API key and URL) and send the log along with your request? I will follow up the ticket and work with support team on your issue.

Duo

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Duo,

We have already opened a ticket with the support team and the ticket # CS0082499. Anas Usmani was working with us in it. There is an attachment in the ticket which has the screen shots from the tool. Please check it. I will check with Anne-Marie and upload if there is any thing missing in that document.

Please let us know if you need any other information to do this analysis. 

Thanks! Geejov

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Geejov and Anne-Marie,

Thanks for the information! I think I have pinpointed the issue - a new permission "Manage users’ transactions, templates, layouts (API)" has been introduced in release 11.45, which has changed the way how the tool retrieves the transactions and downloads signed documents & evidence summary.

I have released a new tool v1.5.0, please kindly give it an attempt and let me know if this solves the issue.

Before you actually executed the tool, you will need to make sure your admin account has at least "API Access" and "Manage users’ transactions, templates, layouts (API)" permissions to manage all your senders' transactions. Please note:
- It seems the "Admin" role won't be automatically granted the new permissions, hence you will need to manually create a customized role and assign the role to your admin user.

- Once you have the customized role, "Admin" user won't be able to edit their own account role via UI, you will need to either edit through another admin user, or contact support team to have your account set up properly.

Duo

0 votes

Hi Duo,

We have tested the the new version 'OSS - Transaction Export  & Download Tool - v1.5.0' is US2 Sandbox account. The tool is listing the packages which are created only by the owner account, it is NOT listing the packages created by other senders in the account. Please investigate.

thanks! Geejov

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Geejov,

Very nice to hear from you! I believe you were testing with a user who has the "Admin" role. Like I mentioned above, Admin role won't automatically be granted the new permission "Manage users’ transactions, templates, layouts (API)", hence you may have to manually create a customized role with necessary permissions (at least "API Access" and this new permission) and assign the role to your user.

Duo

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Duo....Prior to the issue I raised, this .jar tool was working and reporting ALL transaction (v.1.4.2).  Now it is not.  I believe it is an issue with the new .jar released as we have not changed how we run this .jar.  This is a PROD issue and our Line of Business  urgently requires this to be fixed as their day-to-day process relies on it.

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Geejov,

I understood that the tool could be urgently required by your team, however as I stated above, it's the 11.45 release when OneSpan Sign has changed the suggested way of managing other sender's transactions when Roles & Permissions feature turned on. You can have a quick test on your Sandbox account by creating a new account role with those two permissions and assign the role to your admin user, you should see the immediate difference after applying that configuration.

Duo

Reply to:

0 votes

thank you Duo. As you suggested, I've created a new Role and added it to the Admin user permission, but the tool is NOT listing the packages created by other senders in the account. I've used the OSS - Transaction Export  & Download Tool - v1.5.1.jar version for my test. Please refer to the OSS support ticket # CS0083704 for more details on the issue with screen shots.

Thanks! Geejov

0 votes

Hello,

I need to download all my OneSpan files. I have downloaded the code and need assistance urgently to download my files.

Thank you,

Shelley

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off