Sometimes it's convenient to share requests for signatures among the members of a group. For example, it might be convenient to treat the pharmacists in a particular pharmacy as a group, so that any available member of the group can sign the paperwork for a patient's prescriptions.
In OneSpan Sign, a Signer Group is a set of OneSpan Sign users who can act as a single signer from the point of view of the package creator. Users who can become group members must already be members of the associated OneSpan Sign account.
OneSpan Sign group members receive an email invitation to sign a related document package. Among those members, signing is on a first-come, first-serve basis. When one member is signing, all other members are locked out.
Any member who signs does so on behalf of the group, but their name will be stamped on the documents they sign. Anyone verifying the document through the Audit Trail will see the individual member's signature information and identity.
All group members can monitor the progress of the group's transactions, which helps ensure that those transactions are completed on time.
The GroupsA set of users who can act as a single signer from the perspective of a transaction's creator. page lets you manage the groups in an account. It has the following columns:
- Name: Click the group name to open the Members for <Group Name> page. That page lists all members who belong to the group, and lets you invite new members to the group.
- Email: The group's email address.
- Number of Members: Displays the number of users who are part of the group.
The following actions are available for each group:
- Edit: Opens the Edit Group dialog box, from where you can edit the group's settings.
- Delete: Deletes the group from the Groups list.
If someone signs a package as a group signer, they will no longer be able to see the package in their transaction list if either of the following subsequently occurs: (1) the group is deleted; (2) the signer is removed from the group.
This rest of this section discusses:
To create a new group:
- From the Admin page, click Groups > New Group. The Create New Group dialog box appears.
- Provide a Group Name and Email address.
- Optionally, choose to Send emails to the members of the group instead of the specified group email. This option is unchecked by default.
- Click Save.
To invite one or more people to join a group:
- Click the group name. The Members for <Group Name> page opens.
- Click Invite Member, and type the email address of the person you want to invite to the group. Then press Enter. If the invitee does not already have a OneSpan Sign account, they will receive an account-registration invitation. You can invite multiple people to join the group by separating each email address with a comma.