This section discusses the following aspects of the Prepare Transaction page:
If a transaction is accessible, the Prepare Transaction page will be read-only. That is, no one can: (1) add, modify or remove signatures or fields; (2) specify the documents as Accept Only; (3) apply layouts to the documents.
The following options are available next to the transaction name at the top of the Prepare Transaction page:
- Save Layout: Opens the Save Current Document Layout dialog box. This enables you to save the current document layout for later reuse. Multiple layouts can be saved for each document.
- Apply Layout: Opens the Apply Layout dialog box. This enables you to apply an existing layout to the current document.
- Send to Sign: Sends the transaction to all its recipients so they can begin the Signers. This button is disabled if no signature fields exist on the document.
The New section of the Prepare Transaction page displays a preview of a transaction's documents, and enables you to add, modify, or remove signature fields in each document.
To add a signature field to a document, click the name of the recipient for whom you want to add the field.
The New section of the Prepare Transaction page enables you to: (1) view the existing recipients in the current transaction or template; (2) add new recipients; (3) select a recipient for whom you want to add signature fields.
To add a recipient to the transaction, click the + sign next to RECIPIENTS. This opens the Add Recipient dialog box, which has four tabs: General, Authentication, Advanced, and Attachments.
The Accept Only option opens the Acceptors for <Document> dialog box, which enables you to specify recipients who must "accept" this document during the Signing Ceremony. Configuring a document as Accept Only removes all the signature fields it contains.
The New section of the Prepare Transaction page displays a list of fields that can be added to a document. The most commonly used fields are always visible, while others are hidden in a collapsible list. To view the hidden fields, click Show. To hide them again, click Collapse.
The New section of the Prepare Transaction page enables you to: (1) view the documents in the current transaction or template; (2) add new documents; (3) select a document for the addition of signature fields. To view your documents as thumbnails, click the Grid View icon. To view them as a list, click the List View icon.
Please be aware of the following:
- The maximum size of a single document is 16 MB. The only exceptions concern our Salesforce and Microsoft SharePoint connectors, whose maximum is 5 MB per document. Smaller documents yield better performance — we recommend under 5 MB per document.
- If you enable email delivery while configuring a recipient, documents that are larger than 5 MB will not be added as attachments to the email.
- OneSpan will not provide Technical Support for a transaction or transaction template that has more than 10 documents.
- Document file names should not contain any of the following comma-separated characters: *, /, \, :, <, >, |, ?, ".
- A document's name cannot contain the string esigned.
- Uploading password-protected or corrupted documents will trigger an error.
- PDFs added to a transaction must not have syntax errors. We strongly recommend that you scan a PDF for syntax errors before you add it to a transaction (e.g., by using Adobe's Preflight tool).
- PDFs with the NeedAppearances flag set to true are not currently supported.
Selecting a document will activate and highlight it. You can select only one document at a time. Once a document is selected, you can click Edit to edit the document's name, or click Delete to delete the document from the transaction.
To add a document to the current transaction, click the + sign next to DOCUMENTS. This opens your Operating System's file browser. Use that browser to select the document you want to add.