A transaction is the experience of a OneSpan Sign user as they review, accept, sign, and potentially download documents. The sender of a transaction generally performs the procedures in the following sections:
- Creating a Transaction
- Adding Documents to a Transaction
- Adding Recipients to a Transaction
- Configuring Recipient Authentication
- Adding Fields to a Document
- Managing Transaction Reminders
Before a transaction can be sent to recipients, all the above procedures are required except Configuring Recipient Authentication. If a sender doesn't configure recipient authentication, OneSpan Sign will use a default authentication configuration.
This section discusses the following elements of the Transactions page:
To learn how to create a transaction, see Creating a Transaction.
The list of transactions has the following columns:
- Transaction Name: Displays a transaction's name. Clicking the name of a transaction does one of the following:
- If it is your turn to sign, it opens the Signing Ceremony for the transaction.
- If it is not your turn to sign, it opens the transaction's main page.
- Recipients: Displays a transaction's recipients. If a transaction has imposed a signing order, its recipients are listed in that order.
- Last Updated: Displays the date when a transaction was last updated.
- Status: Displays a transaction's status. Here are the possible states:
- Draft: The transaction has not yet been sent.
- In progress: The transaction has been distributed for signatures, but has not yet been completed.
- Completed: The transaction has been signed by all recipients.
- Opted out: The transaction has at least one recipient who has opted out of signing the transaction electronically.
- Declined: The transaction has at least one recipient who has declined to sign the transaction.
- Expired: The transaction has expired (i.e., its expiry date is in the past).
- Archived: The transaction has been archived.
- Expiry Date: Displays a transaction's expiry date.
Each of your transactions is automatically placed in one of the following folders:
- Inbox: Contains transactions that you have created and sent, as well as transactions created by others that you have signed. The number next to this heading is the number of such transactions that currently have the status In progress.
- Drafts: Contains all your draft transactions. The number next to this heading is the total number of transactions that currently have the status Draft, Expired, Declined or Opted out.
- Archived: Contains all your archived transactions.
- Trashed: Contains all your trashed transactions.
To find a specific transaction, you can use any of the following methods:
- Search: You can search by any of the following: (1) the transaction's name; (2) the transaction's description; (3) a recipient's first name; (4) a recipient's last name; (5) a recipient's email address; (6) a date range within which transactions were updated.
- Sort: By default, the Transaction List is sorted in descending order of the last updated date. However, you can re-sort the list by name, by last updated date, by status, or by expiry date — and make any one of these orders ascending or descending.
- Refine: You can filter the Transaction List based on transaction status. The statuses available to serve as filters are All, Completed, Expiring soon, In progress, and Requires my signature.
You can perform any of the following actions on one or more transactions after you have selected them:
- Archive: Move the selected transactions from your Inbox to the Archived folder. This action is available only for completed transactions in your Inbox.
- Restore: Restore the selected transactions to their previous state. This action is available only for transactions in the Archived or Trashed folder.
- Download: Download all documents in the selected transactions as a zip file. This action is available only for the transaction owner, and only if the corresponding option is enabled on their account.
- Evidence Summary: Download as a PDF the Evidence Summary for the selected transactions. This action is available only for completed transactions, and only if the corresponding option is enabled on your account.
Evidence Summary documents are highly customizable. You can: (1) customize the logo image; (2) customize the text of every label (title, footer, section titles, and fields); (3) customize the Evidence Summary’s filename; (4) hide/show any of the following elements: logo, title, footer; (5) hide/show any of the following sections: Transaction, Sender, Document, Recipients, Audit Trail. To learn more, contact our Support Team.
- Trash: Move the selected transactions to the Trashed folder. This action is available for all transactions except those that are already in the Trashed folder.
- Delete: Permanently delete the selected transactions. This action is available only for transactions in the Trashed folder. You cannot restore transactions that have been deleted.
By default, the Electronic Disclosures and Signatures Consent document is included in every new transaction. However: (1) this functionality can be turned off at the account level; (2) a transaction creator can manually remove this document from a transaction.