dceneviva

Required fields that are not signature elements

0 votes
We have the need for users to fill out certain text during the signing ceremony - such as Name, Title, Company, etc. In our case, these wouldn't be auto-populated fields. What's the best way to ensure users are navigating to these fields for completion. We can get it so that there is a red mark on the left side of the page when you scroll to the correct page - but when there are 50-100 pages it's unrealistic to think a user will scroll through those pages to find elements that they don't know exist. Is there anything like the click-to-scroll navigation that takes users directly to the signing elements that can be applied here? What's happening is that users click on that, sign the signature elements, and only when they try to continue after the fact does eSignLive tell them they have more required fields and where to go. So every user has the exact same issue. Thanks!

Approved Answer

Reply to: Required fields that are not signature elements

0 votes
Unfortunately, the current signer ceremony only does the signatures as you mention. If you post in the Enhancement Ideas forum, our product managers look over that often for new feature ideas. There will be a new signing ceremony sometime in the near future, as well. I will look into if this is a feature that is already planned and let you know. I have already emailed the UI product manager for more info on this. The only thing I can think of that might be useful is that if you're embedding the ceremony into another page is that you could offer a listing of the required fields in the outer frame.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

Reply to: Required fields that are not signature elements

0 votes

Added to enhancement forum: https://community.onespan.com/forum/enhance-signing-ceremony-ux I'm hopeful that this can be something eSignLive will scope out. Naturally I'm biased because this is affecting my business, but I do think that the signing ceremony is the most important aspect to end-users and that user experience should be a high priority.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off