ayushmaharjan

SMS, Security Questions, etc not working for in-person signing

0 votes
Hi I am trying to perform an in-person signing but I require to authenticate the signer. I have enabled SMS/Security Question authentication while creating the transaction. The authentication mechanisms work fine when the signing process is started from the link sent through email. But it does not work for in-person signing. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Approved Answer

Reply to: SMS, Security Questions, etc not working for in-person signing

0 votes
ApproveIt Web Server has been deprecated for many years and is no longer supported or offered. It is currently on our roadmap to add SMS/Q&A authentication with in-person but there is no confirmed date yet. I will post back here once this feature has been added.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Hi, Unfortunately, SMS/Q&A authentication cannot be enabled with in-person signing. The reason for this being is that if a signer accesses the transaction through email, it is assumed that he/she is remote. Therefore, authentication is enabled and in-person signing is disabled. However, if you open a session through the ui or by creating a token, SMS/Q&A authentication is disabled as it is assumed the signers are going to sign in person. You can always post a request in the Enhancement Ideas forum. Our product managers regularly check those posts out for ideas to improve the product. When doing so, please include a business motivation in order for our product managers to properly evaluate your request.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
The feature should already be present according to your blog: https://www.esignlive.com/about-us/news/silanis-introduces-new-sms-and-voice-authentication-capabilities-for-in-person-e-signature-processes/. Am I confusing it with some other feature or can we provide authentication for in-person signing through mobile app? In my use case, a sales representative needs to collect signature from the customer through our mobile application. We need some mechanism to verify the identity of our customers. Is this possible?

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off