cpop

Decline button on mobile version

0 votes
Based on eSign documentation and my testing, I didn't see an option for the user to decline on the mobile version. I only saw Opt-out. Is decline not an option for mobile? Thanks.

Approved Answer

Reply to: Decline button on mobile version

0 votes
Unfortunately, there is only one setting. It removes it from both if you choose decline as your only desktop option.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
No. Decline is not an option in the mobile viewer. I believe the reason behind that was that decline and opt-out do the same thing in the back end of eSignLive, which is to simply move the package/transaction into the DRAFT folder and give it a special status. If I find out that I have misspoken, I will let you know.

- Michael

0 votes
If you would like, you can always post this as a request in the Enhancement Ideas forum. Our product managers regularly look at these posts for consideration in future releases.

- Michael

0 votes
In our tests we've found that if we have Decline enabled as an option in the desktop version, and have Opt-out disabled, the Opt-out button disappears on the mobile version. Based on your comment it should still be visible correct? If not, in order for opt-out to display in the mobile version, we have to have Opt-out enabled on the desktop. Please confirm. Thanks!

0 votes
Let me look into this and get back to you. I don't deal with the back office configurations, so I'll have to ask. :)

- Michael

0 votes
Thank you, I appreciate the quick response. Have a great day!

0 votes
You're very welcome. You have a great day, as well. Let us know whenever you have questions!

- Michael

0 votes
I'm picking up the question that was previously asked. In the integration configuration there are two different events that get created for decline and opt-out (Transaction declined & Transaction opted out of). So based upon that it seems like they are distinct use-cases and the mobile UI should show the declined button by default, and opt-out button if configured to show. Dave

0 votes
Hey Dave, Yes. Based on the desktop UI and the options available, you could rightly assume that both options would be available in the mobile viewer. At the time the mobile viewer was created, the plan was to eliminate one of the two altogether since their function on eSignLive's side was the same. I believe the reason both were maintained this long because of existing integrations that required it, but I could be wrong on that. As of yet, this hasn't happened, but there is a new signing ceremony coming out in the not-too-distant future and I'm not sure what the plan is there. I will have to ask. In any case, because of this plan and for space reasons, one was chosen for the mobile viewer and this was the opt-out option. As stated above, you could post in the Enhancement Ideas forum to bring this to the product managers' attention for the next time the mobile viewer gets a refresh.

- Michael

0 votes
Hello, The mobile signing ceremony on the new 11x platform now supports the decline and opt-out options. If you are not seeing this feature be sure to contact support to enable this feature.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off