roneddy

Can we customize the display name of emails going out to signers?

0 votes
Hello, I noticed on this documentation page: https://docs.esignlive.com/content/g_customizing_email_templates/customizing_email_templates.htm?Highlight=email%20customization It states the following: Owners of OneSpan Sign Accounts can fully customize all emails sent by the system to end-users and administrators. Using OneSpan Sign variables, the Subject, Body, and To fields of each email template can be customized for each language supported by OneSpan Sign. We are going to soon be setting up and customizing a new SaaS account. We also have an on-premise installation. I noticed in the on-premise that we are able to customize the actual display name for the "From" address. Using the SaaS I understand we cannot modify the From email address (without using our own SMTP servers) but is it at all possible to customize the display name? We have a business case where they are ok with the email coming from onespan.com but would like the display name to be something the signer will recognize. Let me know, thanks!

Approved Answer

Reply to: Can we customize the display name of emails going out to signers?

1 votes
Hey Ron, I double checked on my account and the display name can be customized (see below screenshot), contact our support team([email protected]) and they will assist you adjust your account. Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes
Hello Ron, On the cloud instance, it's still possible to change the username of the email like you did in on-premise environment. While it's not the preferred method, as we suggest getting DKIM set up to handle this, instead. Refer to "Using DKIM and SPF" documentation and contact with your Professional Service if you want to follow this path. Hope this could help! Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes
Thanks! This is great and we are taking this back to our business partners to determine if that is the direction we want to go. However, I am still curious if there is a way to at the very least customize the display name of the FROM address (not changing the address itself), just the name which shows when it arrives in the signer's email inbox.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off