cindy

email template

0 votes

Hi, 

In the email template body which is html file, my client request such as below to embed a link to website

<a href="https://www.example.com/xxx.html" target="_blank"> 

but when we deploy it to on-prem version it seems the guy need to translate to the below in order to work

<a href="https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.example.com-2Dxxx.html&amp;d=DwMG-g&amp;c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&amp;r=IbrmwsIzhQCZqHraG_bxeDgHmEwPVXwwrM6P1iLg9WQ&amp;m=n2eeVrCiCp-6JlZM59QG2Bw3q5Rem-tUYc7KtYsU6Fk&amp;s=6w3J0Gsm33eW6BC-wY_FLOPJfahYT7zIXzSdwBc_xgs&amp;e=" target="_blank"> 

why can't use the link directly from client? 

I also found same email sent to different devices has different look and feel. I attached the screenshot: one is sent to my office and open via outlook, another email sent to my iphone and open via mail, 

why does it happened? because of different device? 

thanks,

Cindy

Reply to: email template

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

For the proofpoint link issue:

What you experienced when you didn't manually reformat the link? Can you click the "Go to Document" link, since it shouldn't be reformatted? Did it only happen when sending to certain inbound mail server or it's common to all mail clients? 

Because from my understanding, the URL filter is configured on recipient end so that URLs will be rewritten in the incoming emails, so I am wondering if this is a client side issue versus the SMTP server side?

For the different look and feel issue:
This is related to how your SMTP server rendered the HTML email. If you have a quick test: put the same HTML content to your SaaS account, the emails rendered by OneSpan Sign SMTP server should look the same.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to:

0 votes

for #1, I think after applying the changes in the template, there is preview window, and that window doesn't show up properly I guess, so the person manually translate to something else. 

#2: we use only 1 SMTP server by CIBC. 

0 votes

#1: I see what you meant. Can you or your client send the HTML template without sensitive information to [email protected] so that I can have a closer look at that? I still don't think it's related to URL format versus the CSS or HTML attribute issue.

#2: First, we need to make sure that the HTML content is cross broswer/client. Then, even if it's the same content, different SMTP server will render it in a different way, so still possible that it looks differently when sending through your SMTP server and when sending through OSS SMTP server. If you can send the email template to me, I can analyze it for you.

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

I send you two html file, one file ending with _JF is revised one, the one without JF is the original from business. please take a look.

also I attached another SMS page, not sure can we customized the wording in the page? 

0 votes

For the SMS page wording, change the "esl.auth_sms.enter_sms_passcode" attribute in the resource "ui.messages".

Duo

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

For the link issue, I didn't find a problem directly reference the link.

For the email content, if you are using <a> tag, you probably need to surround them by <table><tr><td> to isolate the CSS, which I found the reason why after the link, it breaks the paragraph. I've sent you an example of how to avoid that.

But it's important to be advise that to create a cross browser email template is out of support, so this example just gives you an idea of how to do it, you need some one from your end to modify your own template and fully test it.

Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off