dlukic

Links in document

0 votes
It appears that all the links withing PDF document become inactive once document went trough a signing process. i have tried 2 cases and none worked. 1. Created PDF doc with link to a web page. 2. Inserted a link to a existing PDF using 3rd party software - iText. Can you please confirm if adding a link is possible and if it is what needs to be done.

Reply to: Links in document

0 votes
Hi Dejan, Unfortunately, it's not possible to have clickable links on documents. There was an enhancement request about this a short while ago but was declined by our product managers. I believe the reason behind it was security related. If you want more details about why it was declined, I can ask our product managers.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Please ask. It appears this is important piece of our work-flow. Thanks

0 votes
Sure. I will let you know once our product managers get back to me.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Madeva,

As today (version 11.36):

- The links are not available during signing (both classic and new signer experience) or preparing the document 

- Javascript and other active contents in the PDF will be flattened during uploading

These are out of the security concerns.

However, static hyperlinks (to external destination) will be retained active in the completed document, as of version 11.20. (release note here)

If you would like to raise an enhancement request, could you provide your use case and the expected behavior, along with a brief description of your business motivation, so that I can help you create one in the roadmap system.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off