peterzog

Positioning Tags on Documents

0 votes

Does anyone have a protip on how to quickly place signature anchors on a document? I am often guessing the top and left values and then creating a full transaction to see if I got close.  Is there a faster way to get this positioning right?

Reply to: Positioning Tags on Documents

0 votes

Hi Peter,

Do you mean the offset value of a text tag, or literally to identify the coordinates of a signature/field?

If the former, you can contact the support team ([email protected]) and turn on an account level setting to allow text tags extraction testing from UI, this way you can quickly upload a document to an existing transaction via UI, without invoking APEX code every time.

If you mean the (x,y) coordinates of a field, I would suggest you open the PDF in a PDF viewer (e.g. Adobe Acrobat), put a form field at the place you desired, get the distance to top and left, and convert it to the OneSpan Sign coordinates. I can provide more detailed steps if you are interested.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to:

0 votes

Thank you. This is helpful.  I might ping the support team about enabling that feature.

I have been working with Word docs up to this point.  It seems like PDFs may be better for field placement given that fields are a native feature.  I am experimenting and looking for the easiest / most scalable method to tag signatures, input fields and text placement.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off