cindy

how to start signing ceremony for people review the package

0 votes

I have one scenario: signer1 doesn't need to sign/accept any documents in the package, in the remote scenario, how signer1 start the signing ceremony to review the documents? because signer1 doesn't get the email to launch the signing ceremony. 

from API, I know it's possible as I can get authentication token for signer1 to launch.

thanks,

Cindy

Reply to: how to start signing ceremony for people review the package

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

In a normal scenario, reviewers will also receive the email notifications even though they are not assigned signatures.

For your case, my guess is signer1 is also the owner of this transaction? In which case, it's expected that a transaction owner won't receive email notifications and they will have to log onto their sender portals to access the signing ceremony.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

no, signer1 is not the owner of the package.  I tried it, the email.activate won't be sent to signer1 in this case when I clicking send button, but if I manually triggered email.notify, this email will go to signer1. is it expected? 

thanks, 

Cindy

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

Doesn't sound expected to me, can you share a sample package ID to me?

Duo

0 votes

package id: 5N5D0N0Ejm-Um8mdK7g6n5y0oOE=

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

I think for this particular package, the inconsistence is somehow because of the previous history of the package - at the first place there's only a reviewer and the reviewer reassigned signing to the signer, then the previous documents were deleted and a new one uploaded with only signer has signature. I understood this is a joint package scenario, but is this whole flow by designed? If not, could you try with a new transaction and see if the reviewer can successfully receive the email notification?

Duo

0 votes

you are right. I created the brand new package and worked as expected.

thanks,

Cindy

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off