lcrear | Posts: 2

Error message - Row 1 - Role Signer1 is missing

0 votes

Error message displayed after I uploaded a bulk recipient file.  

•    Where is an example of the upload bulk recipient file?  The file in the demo video  (How to create a template) is misleading. 
  • I have tried to follow the direction too.  

Gabriel.Cloutier | Posts: 20

Reply to: Error message - Row 1 - Role Signer1 is missing

0 votes

Hi Linda,
I have a couple of questions regarding your problem. Have you taken a look at this document: https://community.onespan.com/documentation/onespan-sign/guides/admin-guides/user/bulk-sending#Multiple (There's also an example video at the end of the document)? It might help you find the issue and fix it. Also, have you enabled the Bulk Send feature on your account? If both of these don't help you, could you clarify what your error message is after you upload the file? Let me know what you find and I'll try to help you further!

0 votes

I'm guessing the subject is the error message and I found this line in the document I provided you: "The string {PlaceholderRoleName} will not appear in the file. Instead, it will be the name of a placeholder Role." Could you replace "PlaceholderRoleName" with "Signer1" and tell me if the error persists? This can also be seen in the example video at the end of the same document.

lcrear | Posts: 2

0 votes

Hi Gabriel,  I used and followed that document yesterday. The "Bulk send" video is where I saw the file example instead of How to create template. 

I got these error messages when I replaced "PlaceholderRoleName" with "Signer1" 

Error (4) The following errors were encountered during the processing

Row    Error

1           Invalid column header First_Name for role Signer1. 

1           Invalid column header Last_Name for role Signer1. 

1           Invalid column header Email for role Signer1. 

1           Role Signer1 is missing.

If I can click on the "Upload Bulk Recipient File," does that mean it's enabled?   

Thank you for your help!

0 votes

Make sure to follow the column header format of the document I provided. Instead of First_Name, it should be FIRST_NAME. It's the same thing for the other columns. For the last error, does the role Signer1 exist in your template? Finally, if you see the button, than the bulk signing is enabled and you don't need to worry about it.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off