dackerman

Modifying a signer

0 votes
Sometimes we encounter an issue where we need to change the signer on the package. I know I could resend a package to the new signer, but this would require us to start from the beginning. Is there a way to change the signer after the package is sent? Thanks in advance, Darin

Reply to: Modifying a signer

0 votes
Hello Darin, This is a great question! Once the package is sent, the sender still has the ability to modify it. You simply need to go into your package from the inbox and click on "Edit" to either modify the signer or certain fields on the document. Once this is done, your package will appear in the Draft folder. Do not forget to press the Send button otherwise your signers will not have access to the package. It is important to keep in mind that if the signer started the signing process, you are no longer permitted to make changes. Hope this helps!

0 votes
I just wanted to add that in cases where the initial recipients of the package recognizes that somebody else should be signing the documents it is possible to empower them to do so thus decentralizing the burden of making these type of modifications. This feature is called Change signer and is documented here in our online help. HTH

0 votes
What is the thinking behind having to bring the package back to draft mode and resending the package vs allowing updates to the signers and ONLY notifying those signers of the change? From a user experience, resending emails and pin numbers can be confusing and cause more issues.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off