rajiv-nagpures…

Does ESL Print Driver work with a Web Proxy?

0 votes
Question asked by a customer: Does ESL Print Driver work with a Web Proxy? We use a web proxy to filter out bad web sites when connecting to external sites (not to be confused with their proxy product). Is there a way to configure the driver with a Web Proxy address and port? Again, I know they have a proxy product, which makes the names confusing..... but this is a security appliance that many large corporations use to help secure workstations from Internet malware and malicious web sites. The issue I think is that the driver can't connect to the Web Proxy because it needs to be configured to connect to it. I have not seen any documentation on this; If not, then we can route around the proxy with a special configuration for your users.

Reply to: Does ESL Print Driver work with a Web Proxy?

0 votes
Hey Rajiv, Can you set up a call, Monday or Tuesday, between 1:30 and 3:30, either day, with the customer and Mauro, so he can discuss their setup in more detail, as we don't usually have an issue with proxies. The final resolution can be posted in here, after that. Thanks! :)

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
Hey Rajiv, You can cancel that meeting request. I have since found out that the print driver does not currently support making HTTP calls through a proxy. You can put in an enhancement request for this.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
Hello Michael, Thank you very much for the back-to-back prompt responses, highly appreciate your help. Just an FYI that I had had a call with the customer prior to posting the query on the forum, and updated them of the same already; But as an enhancement, I am going to enter this info and create an ER very soon. Thank you very much Michael for your support always! - Rajiv

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off