nserror

Thank You message disabled but still showing on mobile viewer

0 votes
We have the thank you dialog box for signing ceremony disabled for our signers, and it doesn't show up when you finish signing on a desktop. However the thank you messaging still shows when finished signing on a mobile device. Is there a way to hide this on the mobile UI as well?

Reply to: Thank You message disabled but still showing on mobile viewer

0 votes
Before I go investigate, did you shut off the dialog box through the support team or just disabling through the package settings using the API/SDK? The mobile viewer is more limited in customization, so even if it's shut off, this may still appear in the mobile view. That said, let me know about the above and I'll look into it.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
If we were to disable it in the package settings, what is it called? We can't seem to find it. We did not ask support to disable it, but it isn't showing web side somehow...

0 votes
It must be disabled by default if you didn't implicitly set it in the package settings or ask support to disable it. In that case, if it shows on the mobile viewer, it's probably hard coded in for the mobile signing ceremony. I will check with the mobile team to figure out if there is a way to disable this and let you know.

- Michael

0 votes
Okay. I talked to the mobile product manager. The thank you dialog is hard coded on the mobile side. The recommended work-around that I was told has worked for others wondering this same thing, is to set up a handover URL that'll allow you to set up a modified "continue" message and lead the end-user back to your application/domain. You can set a default handover with support and/or if you have access to the API/SDK, you can do a package by package override by modifying the package settings. Let me know if you have questions.

- Michael

0 votes
Michael, Would it make more sense to send the thank you message to support to have it defaulted? In case for some reason it shows up on the web side. Then it would be consistent across all our applications. If so, do they need an html version or a plain text version? Thanks Colleen

0 votes
It won't show up on the web side unless you request the dialog to show. I guess if you did have them turn on the thank you dialog, at least the experience would be more consistent across desktop and mobile platforms. Setting up the handover URL with support would definitely be best if you want this to happen each time. If you were to forget to add this from the API/SDK, you wouldn't have the same experience for your end user. You can use HTML in the thank you dialog. You can contact support at [email protected].

- Michael

0 votes
Michael, Do you have an example of the HTML thank you message for mobile? Or is it the same as here: http://docs.e-signlive.com/doku.php?id=esl:e-signlive_guide_customizing-the-signing-ceremony? Thanks Colleen

0 votes
Hey Colleen, You got it! Exactly what you see there! :)

- Michael

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off