OneSpan Intelligent Adaptive Authentication secures your web and mobile applications by analyzing vast and disparate data acquired through user actions and events. Based on this analysis, Intelligent Adaptive Authentication dynamically assesses which authentication and/or transaction security measures are appropriate for each unique user.
Intelligent Adaptive Authentication provides hosted solutions to test and build web and mobile applications for login and transaction signing flows.
Integration with Intelligent Adaptive Authentication is simple and extensible, as it will support future authentication technologies without the need to change anything in your integration code.
OneSpan Intelligent Adaptive Authentication uses a trusted device (e.g. a mobile phone using the OneSpan Mobile Security Suite Orchestration SDK) to provide strong multi-factor authentication whenever the risk associated with an action is high.
Intelligent Adaptive Authentication evaluates the risk related to a user request through vast data collected from the devices which is then scored with a sophisticated machine-learning engine. Depending on the risk, Intelligent Adaptive Authentication can dynamically adjust the user security requirements by requesting step-up authentication for higher risk transactions. Step-up authentication can involve various configurations of device-based, PIN-based, or fingerprint-based, or face recognition-based authentication as needed to fully secure transactions.
Intelligent Adaptive Authentication includes the following features:
- With static password
- With offline one-time password (OTP)
- FIDO The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance is an organization whose main goal is to reduce the user’s reliance on passwords. It proposes several frameworks that enable passwordless authentication.-based
Transaction data signing
- Offline signing
- Message-based signing with virtual signature (email, SMS, voice call)
- FIDO-based signing (UAF FIDO UAF aims to substitute password authentication. It provides passwordless and multi-factor authentication with compliant authenticators. only)
- User management
- Authenticator management
- User import
Intelligent Adaptive Authentication allows you to define and run a range of detailed reports. Via the Administration Web Interface of the Authentication component you can create, run, view, and delete reports.
- Secure Channel-based offline multi-device licensing (MDL) OneSpan licensing model with a one-to-one relationship between a user account and an authenticator serial number license. With this licensing model, a user account can be optionally bound to several authenticator instances. Multi-Device Activation, which is an activation process in two steps, guarantess that only the intended user can perform the device activation. provisioning of authenticators
Intelligent Adaptive Authentication is an integrated solution that incorporates the following components:
- Identify known/unknown devices
- Utilize IP location
- Machine learning scoring
- Pre-configured business rules
- Dynamic management of allow- and blocklists
- Case management
- Custom visualization reporting
- Deep forensic analysis features
- Utilize identifier tpp_ref for Open Banking Third Party Provider (TPP)
- Multi-factor authentication assignment to users
- Multi-factor authentication validation
- Comprehensive life cycle management
- Dashboard reporting
- End-to-end encryption of commands between server and trusted devices
Push Notification Message that is pushed from a server to a user and is displayed on an end-user device, e.g. a mobile device. Push notifications are received by a particular app. This must be registered on the corresponding server to receive notifications. Notifications can be sent at any time, the users do not have to be actively using the app at that time. gateway
- Clearly defined users across multiple Push Notification networks
- Execution of secure server commands
- Multi-factor authentication validation
Via the OneSpan Community Portal you can build your solution and test your integration using Intelligent Adaptive Authentication.
This portal is the best way to learn about OneSpan Intelligent Adaptive Authentication. You register for and access Intelligent Adaptive Authentication via this portal, which also manages credentials to access the OneSpan Intelligent Adaptive Authentication sandbox environment.
The portal will guide you through integrating OneSpan Intelligent Adaptive Authentication in your environment in a few simple steps. It also provides a resource library with OneSpan product documentation and links to source code samples.
For instructions to register to the OneSpan Community Portal, see Getting started with Intelligent Adaptive Authentication: setting up the sandbox.
Intelligent Adaptive Authentication sandbox
OneSpan Intelligent Adaptive Authentication offers you global services for hosted solutions through several types of deployments: sandbox, staging, and production.
As a developer, this sandbox allows you to test and integrate Intelligent Adaptive Authentication in your web application.
Via the OneSpan Community Portal you can also access useful resources and samples to integrate the OneSpan Orchestration SDK in your Trusted Device.
For instructions to sign up for a developer sandbox account, see Getting started with Intelligent Adaptive Authentication: setting up the sandbox.