nhass

Does the 10.13 SDK (.Net) support TLS 1.2

0 votes
I was reading through the blog found at: https://www.esignlive.com/blog/esignlive-tls-support/, and what I would like to know does the 10.13 (.Net) SDK support TLS 1.2? Specifically our .Net solution is using the .Net 3.5 Framework, so I know I need to use the .Net 3.5 fix for that, but I don’t know if I still need the latest 11.12 version of the SDK. I did download the 11.12 SDK, but when I compiled out solution with that version I go the following error: “'Silanis.ESL.SDK.CeremonyLayoutSettingsBuilder' does not contain a definition for 'WithIFrame' and no extension method 'WithIFrame' accepting a first argument of type 'Silanis.ESL.SDK.CeremonyLayoutSettingsBuilder' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?).” Our current code executes the following:
CeremonyLayoutSettingsBuilder bldrLayout = CeremonyLayoutSettingsBuilder.NewCeremonyLayoutSettings();
bldrLayout.WithIFrame();

DocumentPackageSettingsBuilder bldrSettings = DocumentPackageSettingsBuilder.NewDocumentPackageSettings();
bldrSettings.WithCeremonyLayoutSettings(bldrLayout);
Ideally it would be nice to just use the current version we have of the SDK, 10.13, but if we have to upgrade how do I resolve the 'WithIFrame' error? Is this setting no longer valid? I’ve searched your documentation and can’t find anything in relation to this. One last thing: Is TLS 1.2 currently enabled in your production environment, can we issue calls over that protocol today? I can find info stating TLS 1.0 is disabled in the sandbox environment, but I can’t find anything as to what is and was is not enabled in your current production environment. Nate

Reply to: Does the 10.13 SDK (.Net) support TLS 1.2

1 votes
Hi Nate, In short, yes the SDK 10.13 supports TLS 1.2. I just ran a quick test using .net framework 3.5 and SDK 10.13 and it worked fine on my end. Elsewhere, you can find the status of each environment regarding TLS here: https://docs.esignlive.com/content/a_esignlive/tls_support.htm?Highlight=tls As for SDK 11.12, the .withIframe() method was deprecated sometime last year. If you want to use this particular version of the SDK, you'll have to remove that from your code. Regards,
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Haris In regards to the 11.12 version. Does this mean, if we were to upgrade to that version, that our solution could no longer display the signing of the documents in an iframe, since that ceremony setting is now deprecated? What functionality are we losing by not having that setting? Thanks Nathan

0 votes
Hi Nathan, You'll still be able to display a signing ceremony in an iframe. I believe that method didn't do anything in particular so that's why it was deprecated. Regards,
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off