SteveM

E-Sign post authentication error: 401 Mixed case email

0 votes

I am getting a 401 error when requesting an authentication token for a "SENDER" with a mixed-case email. Other places in the REST API do not require a lowercase value for email in the json.

The request I made was:

https://sandbox.esignlive.com/apitoken/clientApp/accessToken
{"clientId":"xxxxxxxxxx","secret":"xxxxxxxxxxx","type":"SENDER","email":"[email protected]"}

Reply to: E-Sign post authentication error: 401 Mixed case email

0 votes

Hi Steve,

I believe this is because all sender emails in OSS are stored in lowercases, regardless of how you initially specify the email when inviting them. If you invoke a sender retrieval API:
GET /api/account/senders?search={senderEmail} (email is not case sensitive)

You will see how the emails are persisted, which doesn't match the mixed case email you input in the payload.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Duo,

Thanks for responding.

I am aware that lowercase is needed. I am using the token to create a package in:

https://sandbox.esignlive.com/api/packages/ POST

I use the unchanged address for the json Sender:email and Signers on that request with no problem. This is confusing and costs time to debug because the case mismatch issue is not mentioned in the API documentation for either call.

I am suggesting this be treated as a bug to save others this pain.

Steve

0 votes

Hi Steve,

Sure, I will help you fill in a support ticket, suggest to allow mixed case email in the API which creates client API Token.

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

I ran a test with debug code to dump the json payload to check my assertion. I am attaching it as an example of creating a package with a mixed-case signer email.

Steve

0 votes

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the sharing! Yes, I got the point that the package creation API handles the mixed case email and convert the lowercases before string comparing, I will help you fill in the ticket in short time asking for the same for the Client Application Access Token API.

Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off