jmramirezo

Error 500 when adding a new signature on an "In progress" transaction

0 votes
Hi. I have just started working with the API and the .NET SDK, because I wasn't able to add another signer from the sandbox WEB UI to a recently created transaction. This just occurs when one or more of the recipients have already signed the document. I tried to achieve this using the .NET SDK (you can find my code snippet attached) and even with the API directly, but I get an HTTP Internal server error. I wonder if this is really impossible, as I don't know the workflow of the system, or if there's another way to achieve this. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Attachments
test.png77.33 KB
Approved Answer

Reply to: Error 500 when adding a new signature on an "In progress" transaction

0 votes
Hi there, I just did a quick test, and it seems you can add signer to a partially signed transaction, but you can't add signature to existing documents which has already been started to sign (including default consent document). So it's less meaningful to add a new signer to a partially signed transaction, unless you add new documents and add signatures to these new documents. Can you share more about your use case and workflow about why you want to add signer to a partially signed transaction so that I can try to find some workaround for you? Hope this could help! Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes
That’s really helpful! I was looking to add new signatures to an existing signed document, but your solution it’s enough to achieve what I’m trying to do right now. Thank you so much!

0 votes
Glad to help! Just let us know if you have any other issues. :) Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off