Ryan_Coleman

Release 11.36 removes user-agent header in the callback

0 votes

Guys,

I am trying to find more information on this to see if this impacts us since we are using the callbacks. Can someone point me to an example of how this is being used/removed so that I can check if I will need to modify my code?

Thanks!

Reply to: Release 11.36 removes user-agent header in the callback

0 votes

Hi Ryan,

Because the code changes haven't been deployed to any public accessible environment, not completely confirm about the changed behavior, therefore below explanations is just for your reference.

Below is an example of the callback request today:

POST {your_callback_url}

Request Headers:

content-type : application/json; charset=utf-8
authorization : Basic {your_callback_key}
content-length : 229
host : {your_site_host}
user-agent : 
accept-encoding : gzip,deflate

Request Body:
{"@class":"com.silanis.esl.packages.event.ESLProcessEvent","name":"PACKAGE_CREATE","sessionUser":"18EZDL44xgsX","packageId":"cn9hB8JABiuQg4FPcUUsbrwgFNs=","message":null,"documentId":null,"createdDate":"2018-08-29T14:29:01.183Z"}

Where in the request header, "user-agent" is available with value of an empty string. And after 11.36, this attribute will be removed from the request headers (since it won't make a whole lot sense if value is left empty).

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to: Release 11.36 removes user-agent header in the callback

0 votes

Duo -

Thanks for that bit of information. I was assuming it was that which we aren't using.

Thank you.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off