DustinEhle

Updating signer email address on sent package

0 votes
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to update a signer's email address after a package has been sent? I was looking at the Java SDK and noticed this: Signer signer1 = eslClient.getPackageService().getSigner(packageId, "insured1"); Which successfully returns the signer I'm attempting to update, but I only see getEmail(). There is no method to set the email address. Is there some other way to update a signer's email address from a retrieved package? Thanks!

Reply to: Updating signer email address on sent package

1 votes
Hi Dustin, To update a signer (including the email address), the first thing you'll need to do is change the package status to draft. Then, you could update the signer as follows:
Signer signerToUpdate = SignerBuilder.newSignerWithEmail("[email protected]")
		.withFirstName("Mary")
		.withLastName("Doe")
		.withCustomId("signer1")
		.build();

eslClient.getPackageService().updateSigner(packageId, signerToUpdate);
Make sure that your new signer has the same custom id as the signer you want to update. Note, that this can only be done if the signer hasn't begun signing any documents in the transaction. Another thing you can also do is to allow your signer to reassign someone else to sign in their stead. https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/feature-guides/change-signer/ Let me know.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

Reply to: Updating signer email address on sent package

0 votes
This worked! Thanks!

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off