tatternutz

Updating Package Status

0 votes
If I update an existing package to SENT am I able to add any new documents to the package? Can I can update the package status to ACTIVE or some other status, add the document and then update status again to SENT?

Approved Answer

Reply to: Updating Package Status

0 votes
That is correct. Once your package has been completed, you cannot change it back to draft. What you can do is to turn off autocomplete feature that is enabled by default. This will allow you to change the status of your package to draft. https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/feature-guides/package-management/
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Your package status must be in DRAFT in order to edit your package (e.g. add documents). If you've already sent your package and want to add new documents, you will need to change the status of your package back to DRAFT. https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/feature-guides/modify-status-of-a-package/

0 votes
I just did a quick test with a Package that had 1 document, I sent it out for signing, the signer completed the document. I then tried to change the Package to DRAFT status to add another document but I received an error. Am I correct to assume that we change status SENT to DRAFT but not status COMPLETED to DRAFT?
{
  "messageKey": "error.validation.cannotChangePackageStatus",
  "message": "Cannot change package status.",
  "code": 400,
  "name": "Validation Error"
}

0 votes
I try to update package status from 'draft' to 'send' but its keep returning 415 error. (unsupported Media Type). My environment is postman. Can you please help? I don't know what I did wrong. PUT /packages/{{packageId}} header Accept:application/json Authorization:{{apikey}} body payload:{"status":"SENT"}

0 votes
Hey, Make sure that the Content-Type is also "application/json". A 415 Unsupported Media Type error is typically when you have the wrong Content-Type set in your headers.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off