sudhangi

Signing Ceremony Completed Date

0 votes
Hi, Is there a way to get the Completion date of a signing ceremony. I see that it is listed out in the evidence summary. Is it possible to get that using the JAVA SDK. Thanks, Sudhangi

Approved Answer

Reply to: Signing Ceremony Completed Date

0 votes
Hi Sudhangi, The best you can do with the Java SDK is to retrieve the last updated date once the package has been completed (you can use callback notifications to notify you that the package has been completed):
DocumentPackage pkg = eslClient.getPackage(packageId);

Date completed = pkg.getUpdatedDate();
Note that any updates on the package will change the date above. The best way to retrieve the completed date is through our REST API by retrieving the package JSON:
GET https://sandbox.esignlive.com/api/packages/{packageId}
And look at the "completed" field. completed
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Thank you Haris, I will give that a shot. Best Regards, Sudhangi

0 votes
No problem. Let me know if you run into any issues.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
What if we wanted to get the completed times of individual signers? Is there a way to do that?

0 votes
Hi Andrew, The best way to retrieve the complete time of signers is to use callback url. You can have an url monitoring callback notifications sending from OneSpan Sign. There's an event named "Recipient completed signing", you can select this event in your Web Portal and the below is the body of the request you will receive:
{"@class":"com.silanis.esl.packages.event.ESLProcessEvent","name":"SIGNER_COMPLETE","sessionUser":"44aafb7c-97b9-40e1-bb59-eb76c7d2a484","packageId":"5n4obeO8jYoPp126Cm-Y3fxdfbo=","message":null,"documentId":null,"createdDate":"2018-06-30T20:12:12.272Z"}
If you want to follow this path but if you are not familiar with how to set up callback notification with OneSpan Sign, I can send more examples to you. Hope this could help you! Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes
What if our service misses the callback request? Is there still a way to retrieve it through the sdk or rest api? or is there a way to trigger the callback again?

0 votes
Hi Andrew, The callbacks will try a few times (until receive a 200 response from your listening url) and then no more sending post request, instead, OSS will send a failure email to you. So if you concern about missing any callback notification, there're few strategies we suggest to use: 1. if you are embedding signing ceremony into an iFrame, you can retrieve the notification from front-end by JS code (don't need to listen to notification from callback url), you can find the guidance here. 2. if you have a dedicated email address for the account, you could also do an email scraper to back up the "real time" listener. (as we discussed above, OSS will send you a failure email once OSS can't call your url) 3. you can have the listener and a backup batch process to check for "complete time of individual signer" each night in case a notification was missed. The attachment is the example code I created for you by using packageId and signerEmail to retrieve the "signer complete date". Hope this could help you! Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Attachments
9_17.zip756 bytes

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off