wbass

iframe questions

0 votes
How would iframe behave in the case where there are multiple signers for a document(s)? Will the page we embed auto update (such as it does moving from one document to the next) for each person to apply their signatures? Or will we have to code something specific to update the screen? Also, it appears the iframe is a static 920 px wide. Is that the case or are the dimensions configurable or will the page we embed the iframe on have to accommodate the existing dimensions?

Reply to: iframe questions

0 votes
Hey wbass, You have a couple options when it comes to multiple signers in an embedded ceremony. You could manage sessions yourself and do a tabbed view or selector to open sessions for signers within your page. Or you could use the in-person functionality. Using in-person, you'd use eSignLive's built in session selector functionality (a drop-down selector) to switch signers. As for the size. Yes, I believe the desktop view is pretty well fixed in size, at least from the eSignLive settings size. Though, a while back, I think I looked into scaling the contents of the iframe with css. I can't remember the result, but I think it was successful. I'll look back into that and let you know.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
I think we would likely use the inperson. Do you have example you can point me to so I can visualize how these would look in an iframe? By session selector, I think you may be referring to an option that can be configured on the Session bar. Thats where each of the users would be listed that need to sign? So the workflow would be... iframe pops up.. and immediate displays signer1. They click to sign/initial and then "ok" to confirm. Once they do that, the someone would have to manually click to select the next signer(s) until all are completed. I was kinda hoping there was a way that once signer 1 hits "OK" to confirm the screen would just automatically "refresh" and load to show the next signer. But I think if I can see what these other options look like then I can decide which may be the best option for our design.

0 votes
To do the automated thing, you'd likely need to incorporate a JS listener to listen to the completion event on the signing ceremony and gather the sessions with your application to auto switch to the next signer. eSignLive JS event notifications Above is a blog showing more about the jS events you can listen to and how you'd go about it. The in person ceremony is like the attached image. If you set a signing order, you can force the order that they sign in, but the person signing doesn't automatically transition. This is probably how it should be so there is a definite break in between sessions to be sure someone doesn't accidentally continue signing. You must be very deliberate in switching users.

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

Attachments

0 votes
Ok yea. I think I like that better too. Does that automatically display when there is more than one signer? Or is there something specific that has to be coded to display that for inperson set up?

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off