tehpao

users unable to sign using apex sdk

0 votes
hello there, I set up sandbox.esignlive.com with salesforce sandbox. Using Apex sdk I am able to create package and sign it, but when other users from salesforce try to use apex sdk code they can create package in esignlive but they cant sign it. Also in esignlive when package get created it Under Receipient I see two people listed Chai(is the owner of esignlive) and San(is the person who created document in salesforce and added himself in signer) I have attached screen shot My question is why cant Other salesforce user sign their own document that they created, but when I call the same code I can sign it in esignlive. Is this because I own that esignlive and other Salesforce users are just Manager of that that esignlive account. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you -Ted

Attachments
Approved Answer

Reply to: users unable to sign using apex sdk

0 votes
Hi Ted, When San is creating a package, I'm guessing he is using your API key correct? The default behavior in esignlive is that the account owner is automatically added to the package when creating a package through the SDKs/API. I'm not sure if this can be turned off or not. I will have to check and get back to you. Regarding San not being able to sign, how is he accessing the package?
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Hi Ted, Looking at your screenshot, you are setting a signing order and the account owner (i am guessing this yourself) is first to sign. Hence, you have to sign first before any other signer. A quick fix would be simply to remove the signing order.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Thanks Haris I removed the signing order and still no signature I am just curious when San create and send document why does include my name(Chai the account owner) over there. My understanding is that it should be only San because when I(the account owner) send create request and sign everything works fine. I attached screen shot where all documents are signed and only my name is there. In esignlive how do I setup San as. Under Admin -> Sender -> San's Role is Manager.

Attachments

0 votes
here is the code that create and sign

Attachments

0 votes
Thanks again Haris. San is using my API key and this is the problem I followed your suggestion and used eSingLive API key that belong to San and it fixed my issue. Earlier I was able to create package, document but not sign it but now I can sign documents using eSignLive API key that belong to same user. Even though one can Create, upload document, retrieve documents using other people/common eSignLive API key that is defined in custom setting: "e-SignLive Connection Settings" but the best practice is to do any transaction using your own eSignLive API key. For Apex developer: extract all user esignLive API key and store it some place in Salesforce and then use esignlive api key to make all request.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off