cliffwoodger

Cursive signature in C# .NET Winforms - Example

0 votes
Hello All, I am completely new to eSign and to e-signature generally. I am a C# .NET developer and wondered if any of you can share some knowledge. For test purposes (i.e. assessing Vasco eSign for suitability for our application) I would like to put together a small Winforms app in C# .NET using the appropriate API. I want the app to accept a cursive signature; i.e. a normal human signature via touch screen, pen, etc. As this is going to run on a PC, I won't be able to do the signature in the normal way but purely in order to understand the API etc. I will be able to use the mouse. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have done the same for the Sending Package example (as per the provided documentation) but couldn't find anything for the normal "human-signature" process. Thanks in advance to all who can help. Kind regards, Cliff

Reply to: Cursive signature in C# .NET Winforms - Example

0 votes
Hi Cliff, Here's a simple form application I've written in C# using eSignLive that you can look at to get started: https://www.esignlive.com/blog/esignlive-how-to-creating-a-asp-net-mvc-web-application/ Also, to draw your signature, you will need to place a "capture" signature on your document: https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/feature-guides/signatures/ Essentially, you can take the application above and replace the DocumentPackage object with the one in the quick start guide for testing. Let me know if you have any questions.
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Thank you very much Haris. I will try this and let you know / post here again if I need further assistance. Kind regards, Cliff

0 votes
Hi Haris, Thank you for your earlier feedback. I wonder if you can help me further? I am not a Java developer but I am well-versed in C# .NET. I am not really sure what you mean when you mention a "capture" signature on my document. I have looked at the code in SignatureManagement.java but I am not really sure how I can quickly and easily add a place for a signature on a Winform developed in C#. Is this something you are able to help with? Do you have any Winform examples? Thanks again for your help. Kind regards, Cliff

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off