jponcerlx

Change document id for document in template

0 votes
Hello, I have a template I created from the eSign dashboard. I'm trying to change the document's id through the update document PUT request. I get a successful response that shows the new document id I set. The change isn't reflected when I make another GET request to that package, however - the document id is still the default assigned by eSign Live. Am I missing something? If not through this method, how can I replace the document id?

Reply to: Change document id for document in template

0 votes
I'm not certain you can change the ID once it has been created. You might just be getting a successful return because it's ignoring your changed value because it can't be done, so it doesn't even look at that property. Could you use the API to create your template and set the document ID from the beginning instead of using the UI? You could even use the payload from the existing template to create it exactly as you did in the UI (only switch the id for the documents when you make the POST request to create the template).

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
Sure, I can try creating the template directly through the API. Is the id the only thing that can't be changed through the update request?

0 votes
I'm pretty sure that's the case. I can't think of anything else that wouldn't be able to change. Are you seeing something else?

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off