Ryan_Coleman

Examples for sending docs to a vault

0 votes
Guys, I am looking at the documentation for sending documents to a vault and was wondering if anyone had any examples for me to view. https://docs.esignlive.com/content/c_integrator_s_guide/rest_api/package_settings_for_digital_lending.htm

Reply to: Examples for sending docs to a vault

0 votes
Hi Ryan, As you know, there're two tenants related to e-Vault Manager, e-Mortage and e-Lending, the link you shared is about e-Lending, so we will talk about this first. You can talk to your CSR and have following two steps settled: 1. have your OneSpan Sign account adding into e-Lending tenant. 2. create an e-Vault Manager account and vault(s) for you. So if you have already prepared for these, let's dive into how to use this feature: As per the document, you'll need to add some base64 string into following position of your creation payload ("registry_data" attribute doesn't exist by default):
{
    "data":{
	"registry_data":"base64string"
    }
}
And your base64 string should be organized like this, I will add some comments and you can definitely find more detailed explaination in the document site:
{
   "version":"eLending-1.0",
   "postRegisterOption":"blank_doc/watermark_doc",
   "vaults":[
      {
         "transaction":"your transaction name",
         "orgId":"your eVM id",				//eVM id pointing to your #2 eVM account
         "vaultId":"your vault id"			//vault id pointing to your vault assigned to your eVM account
      }
   ],
   "registryRecords":[
      {
         "documentId":"document1 id",
         "registryId":"your registry id",		//a unique registry id following your own naming convention
         "borrowers":[
            "role id 1",
            "role id 2",
         ],
         "loanId":"LoanID1",
         "loanAmount":"999999",
         "lender":"ABC Corporation",			//please refer to document
         "vaultId":"your vault id"			//same one to the above one
      },
      {
      }
   ]
}
And the attachment is a sample JSON payload to create a package. Hope this could help you! Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Attachments

0 votes
Duo, Thanks for the sample. Is there a way to troubleshoot why something didn't go into the vault? I've set up my application to perform all of the steps necessary to get the encoded value for the data object in the document package, pushed the package up and completed it. But when I log into the vault, I am not able to see anything in there.

0 votes
Here is an example JSON package. I've also included the decoded data entry.

0 votes
Hi Ryan, Sorry for the late reply. I am with you and was trying to test on the e-Vault Manager but got stuck. There's something wrong with my AeVMClient.msi installation. Anyway, firstly can you log onto your vault and upload a record manually (the document should be completely signed) to test whether your .pfx and .cer file installed corrected? If this works, you can check whether information in your registry_data matches your package (documentId, roleId, etc.) BTW, your file didn't upload successfully, you can upload a zipped file or directly send it to [email protected] Duo

0 votes
Duo, I was able to create a test doc using the e-Vault Manager Console. I've reattached a zip file here for you with the sample json package that I created. I'll send my response to the developer e-mail as well.

Attachments

0 votes
Hi Ryan, The whole process works at my side, and if you still suffered from the issue. Besides checking on your e-Vault Manger system configuration as we discussed above, you can also check whether your sandbox account is configured with the e-lending tenant setting properly. If everything goes well, attachment is what your borrower will see after they signed the document. (there'll be an extra "non-authoritative copy" watermark) Put it in another way, if you can't see this watermark when testing, it means either your payload is not adding properly(orgUid and vaultId is not in a match, or your registryId is not unique) or your sandbox account is not setting properly so that you can contact your sales engineer to have your account settled. Hope this could help you! Duo

Attachments
9-17-2.png274.83 KB

0 votes
Hi Ryan, There're few places in your payload:
{

"vaults":[
      {
         "orgId":"xxxx",
         "vaultId":"xx"                                        // need a quotation mark
      }
   ],
   "registryRecords":[
      {
         "documentId":"5e684a8d67f78b112f669d099db8e7563508cf782341142f",
         "registryId":"eLend_Smoketest_6acde9a4-c6b3-4366-b9fa-9172018-1",
         "borrowers":[
            "268cb255-30cc-459f-b1bd-64b299fd7410"
         ],
         "loanId":"LoanID9172018-1",
         "loanAmount":"12345",                                          // also need a quotation mark, if you don't put a comma, last two digits are small numbers 
         "lender":"ABC Corporation",

}
   ]
}
BTW, I sent a document to your vault, please delete that. :) Duo

0 votes
Duo, Please see the attached. I made the changes that you specified and I am still not having any luck. When I initially did the json package, I didn't set the values for version, postRegisterOption, or the vaultId option within the registryRecords as the documentation says they are not required. Also, you mention that you sent one to my vault, yet under the transactions tab on the left I see nothing in Incoming, Outgoing, or Pending. I do have one document in the Completed folder, however, that is the one that I created just to make sure I could do it.

Attachments

0 votes
Hi Ryan, Yes, you are right, the version, postRegisterOption, and the vaultId option within the registryRecords are not required. So my only correction is those quotation marks. I got a question for you. Can you see the "non authoritative copy" watermark after your signer signed? PS, I sent another document to your vault, can you receive that? Duo

0 votes
Duo, That is a negative to both.

0 votes
Hi Ryan, Can you send your sandbox email account specifically for e-lending to [email protected] (I believe that should be a new account created for e-lending tenant)? So that I can check your account setting for you. And can you make sure your e-Vault Manager organization id? You can click "My Organization" at right top of your console index page and the first column is your org id. Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off