saraizad

Retrieving the metadata/position of the signature field from a document

0 votes
Hi, Is there a REST API that I can call and retrieve information about the position of the signature field(s) and metadata of a document? I would like to send a document Id/or package Id and get all the details of it. Like the same JSON that we would have sent to create the document if we were using the create document REST API. we have a use case that we need to design the document in the oneSpan session and then keep the file and its related metadata in-house, then sending the file again back to OneSpan to collect signatures at a later time with the metadata, so we can package the files differently. Thanks!

Approved Answer

Reply to: Retrieving the metadata/position of the signature field from a document

1 votes
Hi saraizad, About your question "API call to retrieve document/package metadata". Yes, there're two APIs for retrieving package and document JSON: 1. Retrieve Package JSON
HTTP Request
GET /api/packages/{packageId}

HTTP Headers
Accept: application/json; esl-api-version=11.21
Authorization: Basic api_key
2.Retrieve Specific Document JSON
HTTP Request
GET /api/packages/{packageId}/documents/{documentId}

HTTP Headers
Accept: application/json; esl-api-version=11.21
Authorization: Basic api_key
Note, you need to carry "esl-api-version" in your request header in order to show the extended form fields like radio/list fields. It's recorded in Release Note 10.6.1. And per your description, it sounds like the "Layout" Feature, guide here. Which allows you to save the metadata of one document at OneSpan Sign side and to apply on successive documents in further. Hope this could help! Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to: Retrieving the metadata/position of the signature field from a document

0 votes
Thank you! I think the is the esl-api-version is the key! I tried it and it worked!

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off