saraizad

Roles and Signers relationship

0 votes
Hi, Where can I find documentation about Roles and Signers, and how they are intended to be used? I see that Roles accept an array of Signers but I couldn't find a sample of when multiple Signers are being added to that array, I have only seen a 1 to 1 (one role - one signer) examples. for instance: when I created the package like below and opened up in the designer to add signature tags only the first Signer email showed up in the designer. So was not sure what did I do wrong? Also, the Sender is coming up as one of the recipients too, is there a way to filter that out?
{
  "documents": [
    {
      "id": "sample-contract",
      "name": "Test Document"
    }
  ],
  "status": "DRAFT",
  "type": "PACKAGE",
  "roles": [
   {
  "id": "Signer5",
  "type": "SIGNER",
  "signers": [
    {
      "email": "[email protected]",
      "firstName": "John",
      "lastName": "Smith",
      "id": "12323123"
    },
 {
      "email": "[email protected]",
      "firstName": "sara",
      "lastName": "i",
      "id": "123123"
    }
  ],
  "name": "Signer5"
}
  ],
  "name": "Example Package"
}

Approved Answer

Reply to: Roles and Signers relationship

1 votes
Hi Sara, Role and Signer should be one to one mapping, although it's presented in an array. There's a blog talking about the relationship between them: Role vs Signer Role is more like a placeholder and is binded to the signature. While Signer contains the actual personal information of the signer. Take the "create and apply layout" scenario as an example. In different packages, although actual signers are different, but when applying the same layout to the package, OneSpan Sign will recognize the role regardless of the signer and map/clone the signatures and fields to the corresponding role. Hope this could help! Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes
Hi Duo, Ok, that makes sense now, thanks. one more question, the Sender is coming up as one of the recipients too even though it was not sent to the package as one of the Signers, is there a way to filter that out or hide it? thanks, Sara

0 votes
Hi Sara, No, unfortunately there's no method to remove the sender from the "roles" array. But you can hide sender from Designer View and from the dropdown list in Signing Ceremony if you were using in-person signing. Duo

0 votes
Thank you for the info, can you please point me to where I can find more info regarding the in-person signing? I'm planning to use something like this https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/feature-guides/signer-session/ for in-person signing unless there is a better way to accomplish that... --Sara

0 votes
Hi Sara, You can find more information regarding in-person signing on this page. In-Person Signing It is sometimes convenient for a package's documents to be signed by the package owner and all other signers on the same device. For example, a life insurance agent may visit clients in their homes. Using a mobile device such as a tablet, the agent can prepare the insurance package while meeting with the clients, and both agent and clients can sign all documents during their meeting. Such scenarios are called in-person signing. When that OneSpan Sign feature is enabled for a package, all the package'be s documents must signed on the same device by all signers. So please let me know whether in-person signing fits your case. Or you can share me more on your use case. Duo

0 votes
Duo, Yes! that's exactly what we need, as we have some scenarios that the agent needs to collect the signatures on the same device and being able to switch between different signers and pass the device to them while they are on premise. thanks, -- Sara

1 votes
Hi Sara, If that's the case, this is what you need for your package setting:
{
  "settings": {
    "ceremony": {
      "inPerson": true,
      "hidePackageOwnerInPerson": true
    }
  }
}
One to enable in-person signing, and one for hiding sender from dropdown list as we discussed above. Duo

0 votes
You are the best! thanks! --Sara

0 votes
Glad to help! :)

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off