Ryan_Coleman

Setting Timezone for signer

0 votes
Guys, I am having a hard time finding information about setting the timezone for a date field that is captured when the signer is signing the document. Can anyone provide a link where I can find more information or possible provide a coding sample? Current when a signer signs a document, the field value is returned in this formation. "value": "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss 'GMT'". I'm trying to find a way to get this to either match our Notary user timezone or maybe set to CST for all. Thoughts, comments, expressions?

Approved Answer

Reply to: Setting Timezone for signer

0 votes
Hey Ryan, Take a look at this blog: https://www.esignlive.com/blog/onespan-sign-release-1121-time-zone-support

- Michael

Director, Partner and Developer Technologies, OneSpan

Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

0 votes
mwilliams, I've looked over the blog posting and I make all of the adjustments as per the blog. Do we need to have support make any account changes in order for them to take effect? Here is a snippet of what I am sending up.
        {
          "id": "Approval_1",
          "fields": [
            {
              "binding": null,
              "page": 1,
              "top": 124.8522022100002,
              "subtype": "FULLNAME",
              "height": 27.060000000000002,
              "left": 93.600000000000009,
              "width": 202.40480000000002,
              "type": "SIGNATURE",
              "value": "",
              "validation": null
            },
            {
              "binding": "{approval.signed}",
              "page": 1,
              "top": 124.8522022100002,
              "subtype": "LABEL",
              "height": 27.060000000000002,
              "left": 544.764984127,
              "width": 78.176799999999957,
              "type": "INPUT",
              "value": "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss z",
              "validation": null
            }
          ],
          "role": "BorrowerSignature0"
        }
I've also added this to our package creation. Here is a sample of what we send up.
{
  "status": "DRAFT",
  "type": "PACKAGE",
  "name": "My Test Package",
  "timezoneId": "CST"
}
When I go and do a signing, it puts the signing date label in GMT and not the CST value that is specified.

0 votes
Hey Ryan, Let me investigate. I'll get back to you, today, most likely. If not, Monday.

- Michael

0 votes
mwilliams - Any word on this?

0 votes
Working on it, now. I verified that there is nothing that needs to be turned on in your account for this to work, so I will test, this morning, and let you know what I see.

- Michael

0 votes
Hey Ryan, It appears there is a bug reported for this, already. The timezone is showing as GMT, but the time is correct (CST). Let me see if I can find a way around this and I'll get back to you.

- Michael

0 votes
mwilliams - I can verify that the time is not correct. I just e-Signed this document on our sandbox account and the time is showing 2019-02-04 16:33:09 GMT. It was 10:33 AM CST when I signed this document which puts it at 4:33 PM GMT. I've attached a picture for you to view of this as well

Attachments

0 votes
Hey Ryan, I tested with your same code from above on creating the package and the time was correct for me, in CST. It just showed the GMT. In any case, if you want all times CST, please contact [email protected] and ask them to make your account default CST and to set your auto date format to also show CST. That should do it, for now, until the bug is fixed.

- Michael

0 votes
Is this not something that can be specified in the package creation, like we are currently doing? Also, we checked the main account settings and it is currently set to CST. Is there some additional changes that support needs to make?

0 votes
As I said before, there is a bug where the timezone is not being displayed correctly. To get around this, support will need to set a variable in the default time pattern to correctly pull the timezone from the account. You times should be correct based on what you posted above. I used the same code and got the correct time (just the wrong timezone). If you are not seeing the proper time, still, please email me at [email protected] and we can schedule a time to look closer at this in a screen share or something.

- Michael

0 votes
Michael, We've submitted a ticket on Thursday and the case number is #00114873. Can you push this through to them and see if they can make the necessary changes for us as we've been trying to get this going since Thursday. Thanks!

0 votes
I reached out to someone in support to see who owns your case. I will follow up with them when I hear back.

- Michael

0 votes
The change should be made. The owner of your support ticket should reach out to you, soon. If there are any issues with the change, please let them know.

- Michael

0 votes
Thanks for reaching out to support for us. Unfortunately, they set it to the wrong value so we will take it up with them.

0 votes
Not a problem. As always, let us know when you have issues! :)

- Michael

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off