Ryan_Coleman

Transaction history

0 votes
Guys, We are having an issue where a signer completed a transaction and then the transaction went into DRAFT mode. Is there a way to see a history to see what happened and what would have caused the transaction to go into DRAFT mode?

Reply to: Transaction history

0 votes
Hi Ryan, I checked with our support team that we can see transaction history from our backoffice, create a support ticket and our support analysts will help you check the reason. BTW, it seems Evidence Summary/Audit Events Service doesn't record draft/sent actions, but still worth a look at. And you can also check the logs on your side to see if there were any API calls invoked related to the package status change. Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Hi Duo, 

I think my question is also on the same lines. We are creating a solution where a batch will take care of the deletion process automatcally post 60 days of coming into a specific status. For example if a completed status has spent 60 days in the system after first time attaining the COMPLETED status, this transaction will be deleted by our batch on 60th day. But the problem arises when a user manually moves this COMPLETED (applies to other transaction status as well) to trashed folder causing the last modified date to be updated which causes the calculation of 60 days to start again from the last modified date and not from the day when this transaction first achieved the COMPLETED status. As per our compliance mandate we cannot stroe client related documents on external system for a periiod of more than 60 days but due to thsi limitiation we are seeing scenarios where documents can be stored for more than 60 days on OneSpan. I know OneSpan also has a deletion mechanism in place based on transaction status, can you elbaorate on the logic as to how do you calculate RETAIN UNTILL parameter. Does this parameter change based on last modified date or strictly follows the date on which a transaction status first came to life? For example my transaction remained in DRAFT/EXPIRED/DECLINED status for 59 days and OneSpan data retention setting is set to delete the trnasaction on 60th day.But user moved it to TRASHED folder, will this activity change the deletion time at OneSpan end as well and move the deletion time by 60 days ahead?

Is there a way we can have a transaction lifecycle and an API to get the history of transactions:

For Example -

Transaction was created on 1st July and is in Draft State.

Transaction was modified on 2nd Jul and still in Draft state.

Transaction was moved on 3rd July to In Progress state

Transaction was modified on 4th July and In Progress State.

Transaction was completed on 5th July and in COMPLETE state.

Kindly help in understanding if there is any kind of API of this nature.

Note : We are aware about the data retention settings in OneSpan but we want to create a system of our own to control and manage the documents.

0 votes

Hi Vibhore,

Thanks for the background information! If your batch process calculates based on the completion date, it's part of the package JSON as "completed" field. 

Also, if you've turned on the in-app report (I attached an example csv), there's a column "transaction completed date" indicating the completion date.

Let me know if this makes sense to you and I will reply back with more information about data retention policy.

Duo

Attachments

0 votes

Thanks Duo for this information. So just like you have completed field the date on which the transactiom was marked as complete, do we have similar fields for other transaction status such as DRAFT, EXPIRED, DECLINED, IN PROGRESS. The idea here is to use this as an event and use it to calculate the deletion days. Currently as we don't have the event/transaction captured date we are having problems in calculating the deletion days because once a user moves the a draft status to TRASHED folder the last modified date is updated and there is no date field that actually specifies that when this transaction first came in to DARFT STATE. We cannot use created date as the draft creation date because there is a possibility that draft first went to SENT state and sender made an edit to bring it back to DRAFT state so in this case we again want the new draft creation date not the original transaction creation date.

To summarise, do we have any sort of events that we can listen to and create checkpoints and calculations based on that to delete transactions after 60 days. 

1. For draft we want to delete it after 60 days it has bene in the same state for 60 days. Even if it moves to trashed folder manually by the user we want it o be deleted after 60 days from the date it first came to this state.

2. Based on above logic we have requirement for all other statuses when they have passed the 60 days duration in a specific status, we need to renove them.

But the problem happens in above scenarios  when someone moves them to trashed folder nad based on the last modifed date and absence of when a transaction came in to a specific status the calculation again starts from 0 for deletion.

0 votes

Hi Vibhore,

The best way to monitor a transaction status change is to set up a callback listener. You might be interested in these events among all the supported events: 

• PACKAGE_CREATE (DRAFT)
  • PACKAGE_ACTIVATE (SENT)
  • PACKAGE_DEACTIVATE (DRAFT)
  • PACKAGE_COMPLETE (COMPLETED)
  • PACKAGE_DECLINE (DECLINED)
  • PACKAGE_EXPIRE (EXPIRED)
  • PACKAGE_ARCHIVE (ARCHIVED)

Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off