DustinEhle

Unable to get signer authentication token - Could not determine session user for

0 votes
Hi, I am trying to retrieve a signer authentication token to build a signing URL using the createSignerAuthenticationToken method on the AuthenticationTokensService on the EslClient within the Java SDK. I am passing in a valid packageId, signerId and email address, and I have confirmed that I am using the correct api key, but I get the following exception: com.silanis.esl.sdk.internal.RequestException: HTTP POST on URI https://sandbox.esignlive.com/authenticationTokens/signer/multiUse resulted in response with status code: [401, Unauthorized]. Optional details: {"code":401,"messageKey":"error.unauthorised.noSession","name":"Unauthorized Access","message":"Could not determine session user for request."} The packgeId I am trying to retrieve the token for is Y5clpYOF0gW1Za2HKG6GqyvW4eU= in the sandbox environment. Any direction on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to: Unable to get signer authentication token - Could not determine session user for

0 votes
Hi Dustin, I've checked your package metadata in backoffice, it looks like a normal transaction to me. And I can retrieve the authentication token at my side by invoking the same SDK function. My apologize if you received any testing email notification. Here's few questions regarding to this: (1) Is this 401 error consistent or just failed once? (2)Can you call other SDK functions without issue? (3) Are you using any proxy? (4) Which SDK verison are you using? Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to: Unable to get signer authentication token - Could not determine session user for

0 votes
Hmm, interesting. 1) The 401 error is consistent 2) I can call other SDK functions without issue 3) I am using a local CNTLM proxy, but other calls work so I don't think this would be the issue 4) The SDK version is 11.5 Could you perhaps share the code you used to call the SDK method? Perhaps I am setting the signerSessionFields LinkedHashMap incorrectly.

0 votes
Hi Dustin, I both tried the function with or without signerSessionFields, see below:
		String signerAuthToken = eslClient.getAuthenticationTokensService()
//				.createSignerAuthenticationToken("0bj8qzDq_7TDReOZnNJrplmAkbY=", "[email protected]");
		.createSignerAuthenticationToken("0bj8qzDq_7TDReOZnNJrplmAkbY=", "[email protected]",new HashMap(){{put("name","xxx");}});
		System.out.println(signerAuthToken);
I will try to setup a proxy and use the same SDK version as you used. Duo

0 votes

Hmm, I am still getting issues ... I'm passing Y5clpYOF0gW1Za2HKG6GqyvW4eU= as the vendorSessionId and [email protected] as the email address (trying to omit signerSessionFields for now). The error is the same. com.silanis.esl.sdk.internal.RequestException: HTTP POST on URI https://sandbox.esignlive.com/authenticationTokens/signer/multiUse resulted in response with status code: [401, Unauthorized]. Optional details: {"code":401,"messageKey":"error.unauthorised.noSession","name":"Unauthorized Access","message":"Could not determine session user for request."}

1 votes
Hey Dustin, From the error message: "...HTTP POST on URI https://sandbox.esignlive.com/authenticationTokens/signer/multiUse resulted..." It looks like that you didn't add "/api" in your URL path and if I did the same change to my side, I can reproduce the same error. Could we make sure that the URL is properly set? Duo

0 votes
Looks like that was the issue ... oops, haha. Thanks for the help!

0 votes
With my pleasure! :)

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off