Ajay

Add signatures later

0 votes
Hi I have code that creates signatures for two which I do in the beginning when I define the document. Later I would like to add optional signatures based on some condition and tried to do this without success unless I do it when I define the document. Would like to get either of the following: 1) Add everything when I define the document, disable or make invisible those signatures that I don't need until later. 2) Add optional signatures later when some condition is true. This I tried and it was throwing error! Would like to know your feedback. Thank you!

Reply to: Add signatures later

0 votes
Hey Ajay, I believe the reason why you were receiving the error is that the document has started to be signed, in which case, you can't modify it. It's an expected behavior to prevent sender from potentially changing the content. OneSpan Sign is working actively on the "Conditional Field" feature to accommodate the use case you described -- "While signing, the conditional fields are visible, but if the condition isn’t met, the fields are disabled", this will be an out of the box feature without adding extra code. While there's not yet a timeline (but it's close). I will definitely update this thread once I am informed of anything regarding to Conditional Fields. Hope this could help! Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes
Hi Duo Thank you for your quick response. The code that I used to add these signatures was the following: (not writing the entire code though except the essential code to interact with the package) eslClient.ChangePackageStatusToDraft(packId); DocumentPackage package = eslClient.GetPackage(packId); package.Documents[0].Signatures.Add(signature1); package.Documents[0].Signatures.Add(signature2); eslClient.UpdatePackage(packId, package); eslClient.SendPackage(packId); here eslclient is the EslClient, documents[0] is the document that I have to update, signature1 and signature are two signatures defined as optional,packId is the PackageId of the used package. I understand from the error what you said about modifying when the document has started to be signed! Following is the error I got: Unable to update package settings. Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. HTTP PUT on URI https://signer-sandbox-gov.esignlive.com/api/packages/2gddZv-Mfs9z1yJUWnUJUNP-Sxw=. Optional details: {"messageKey":"Recipient information cannot be updated because the recipient has already begun signing.","message":"[Recipient information cannot be updated because the recipient has already begun signing.]","code":400,"name":"Validation Error"} Now, is there is a solution that I can use for the time being? Has anybody asked this? thank you Ajay

0 votes
Hi Ajay, From the error message, it's consistent with my assumption. What you can do to work it around is, to upload another document with the signatures as a supplementary material instead of editing the partially signed document. This is the only approach that I can think of for the time being. Duo

0 votes
Hi Duo, It has been sometime since I checked back for any updates, which you should have got probably for this question! Please let me know if there is any update with this regard from your end. thank you Ajay

0 votes
Hi Ajay, Thanks for checking! I haven't heard of any updates on the "conditional field" feature, so for the time being, you can only: (1)extract the pages containing these two signatures as a separate document (2)when client has made some run time decisions and your application needs to add optional signatures, build a new document with all necessary signatures then upload to the package. Many of our clients are using this workaround before conditional field feature was available. Hope this could help! Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off