mrdpostguy

Did ESL change the .dll?

0 votes
Hi, Scenario - existing C# code which has been working perfectly for about 1 year. Using this call to ESL --> client.FieldSummaryService.GetFieldSummary(pkgId); This was returning a list of fields in the custom .PDF document we add to the package and send out to perspective hiring candidates to obtain PII. Within this list we noticed this: FieldName was no longer coming through - it was blank. We have not changed out output file. So - we are thinking that perhaps this is broke? Have attached a example screen scrape.

Reply to: Did ESL change the .dll?

0 votes
Hi there, This issue sounds like a known one on top of my head, so I'd like to ask a quick question before our further investigation. Are you using Document Extraction feature to add the text fields? Because OneSpan Sign replace the auto-generated field name with empty string from a previous version because of a conflict to another feature. We have realized that integrators no longer have the capability to identify fields and we are planning the add this capability back to the field ID attribute using the same or similar naming convention. Please advise whether this is your scenario. Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes
No - not using the document extraction feature. We host the .pdf document on site. I pick up a copy of it when I need to send out. I then, via code add RegEx for validation of my SSN and DOB fields. Then inject the person's name into the "name" field in the document. Then - add the document to the package and send it out. When I get back a signal from ESL which says the signing ceremony is complete, I take that package ID - go download / grab that .pdf document and using the ESL .dll grab either the DOB or SSN based on that "Field Name" value. Which is breaking my code / process as it's no longer present. Which in turn leads me to believe the .dll has been either changed or we lost functionality with it somehow.

0 votes
Hi there, Can I have one of your package IDs so that I can check the metadata from backoffice? Duo

0 votes
Sure - here are two Package ID's - One which brings back the "FieldName" and the other which doesn't: Good One -- Kpp9ABQoZDIgsYVrF27z2yieN_0= Bad One -- 8hAZF1LGamekrWWAmWrF_HNXs1A= Also trying to re-attach a screen scrape showing bad one as .jpg.

Attachments

0 votes
Hi there, Thanks for sharing the information! I've checked both of the packages you shared above. What I found out is, the good one, completed at June 2019, has field names obeying document extraction naming convention (textfield10,textfield20,etc) while the good one, completed at August 2019, all field names are gone (gone from transaction metadata, not only the SDK), and your field validator's pattern and error messages were missed as well. So it looks like the official name of the feature ("document extraction") is the confusing point in our previous discussion and the feature refers to using PDF form fields named like "[Signer1.Capture1]" and OneSpan Sign automatically places the fields. Could we confirm which way you used to add field names? And if the field names are gone, your code probably can't locate the fields therefore caused failure when adding validators. Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off