mbilensky

Modifying Signer First/Last Name and Email after Signing

0 votes
Hi, I'm looking for a way to modify a signers first or last name as well as email after they've begun signing documents. Is this at all possible? I receive an error when trying to update the signer like in this example because they have active signatures, and am unable to remove all their signatures because I'm getting a
Cannot modify the approvals of the default consent document.
error. Is this at all possible using the SDK? I'm looking to modify all three values that I've mentioned, but if it's possible modifying just first and last name may satisfy our use case. Thanks! Mitch Bilensky

Reply to: Modifying Signer First/Last Name and Email after Signing

0 votes
Hey Mitch, Refer to the 11.27 Release Note, OneSpan Sign prevented a recipient's information (First Name, Last Name, etc.) from being changed once the recipient has started to sign. Same to the partially signed documents, you can't modify (add/remove signatures or fields) them once signer started to sign. If you are looking for a way to change recipient's information, you can leverage the Change Signer feature, it's possible to change signer programmatically and the audit trail will record that it's the new signer signed instead of the original person. BTW, can you share more about your use case why you want to edit signer info after the person started to sign? Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes
Hi Duo, Can we still leverage the Change Signer feature after that signer has begun signing? We may also like to have the Change Signer action hidden on the UI as well if we can leverage the change signer feature. Is that configurable for a package? Thanks Mitch

0 votes
Hi Mitch, From my test, you can enable "change signer" for a signer who has started to sign and not yet completed signing, and then programmatically reassigned the recipient. But I can't find a way to remove the button from Signing Ceremony. I found an Enhancement Request mentioning "do not want the signers themselves to be able to exercise this right via the UI." but the ER is still a candidate which means it's not available for the time being. Duo

0 votes
Hi Duo, Is the ER for hiding the UI component scheduled for any future release? We're just investigating the possibility of the workflow for now, so this may work for us as long as it's not scheduled too far out. We'd like for this to be available since we could then allow the package owner to change the signer info through our UI, but not allow the signers themselves to do so. Thanks, Mitch

0 votes
Hi Mitch, Unfortunately, the ER is still a candidate and not yet on the road map, which means it may not be available in near future release. What we can do now is to create another ER or add you to the existing one so that it can accelerate the progress. Or you have to follow the normal workflow that first to delete the document the signer has been signed and then to add a new one instead. Duo

0 votes
Hi Duo, Can you please add me to the existing ER? Also, if there's a link to the ER available I'd also like to share it with our product group. As far as deleting the signed document(s) goes I've attempted that, but since we're using the default eSignLive consent document are we able to delete that and then later re-add it as the first document after we've updated the necessary signer info? I've been able to delete the rest of the documents and then re-add for further signing, but I've been unable to find how to re-add that consent document after performing the required updates. Thanks! Mitch

0 votes
Hi Mitch, For ER, it's hosted in our internal Jira system and not public accessible. I can create a support ticket on your behalf and our support team will assist you fill in the request. I happened to have the Java REST code creating a package with customized default consent. The code works for the account that has removed the default consent and applied to their owns. This gives you an idea of how the default consent can be added and marked in package level attribute. I will create some sample code that fits your scenario better, tomorrow day time. Duo

0 votes
Hi Duo, That may work for us, although reassigning the signer and having that option disabled on the UI seems like a much cleaner solution. Is there any examples around for reassigning the signer programmatically? I can't seem find any or any reassign methods after briefly searching through the SDK. Thanks! Mitch

0 votes
Hi Mitch, This function is not implemented in the SDK, I was tested through REST API by Postman, see below:
POST https://sandbox.esignlive.com/packages/{packageId}/roles/{roleId}/reassign (no /api/ in the path)

Accept: application/json; 
Content-Type: application/json; 
Cookie: ESIGNLIVE_SESSION_ID={original_signer_session_token};

Payload (please don't include the original role/signer ID or name):
{
  "type": "SIGNER",
  "reassign": true,
  "locked": false,
  "attachmentRequirements": [],
  "emailMessage": {
    "content": ""
  },
  "signers": [
    {
      "company": "",
      "email": "[email protected]",
      "firstName": "newfirstname",
      "lastName": "newlastname",
      "title": "",
      "auth": {
        "scheme": "NONE",
        "challenges": []
      },
      "delivery": {
        "email": false,
        "provider": true,
        "download": true
      }
    }
  ]
}
Duo

0 votes
Hi Duo, Is there any intention on adding this call to the Java SDK? I'd really like for all of our calls to your api to be though the SDK instead of having an odd mix between some calls using the SDK and some having to directly call an api. Thanks, Mitch

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off