cindy

API Call - verification

0 votes

Hi,

in our log, I found there is API call for 'verification/verificationType, what does it do? and it seems there is error(key=error.notFound.signerVerificationNotFound), what does this error mean?

2020-02-24 22:20:06,481 INFO  [SessionLogger] (default task-17) ESIGNLIVE_SESSION_ID: ffd41f026de06058226d63e089420db4bacbccea841d6bd4,    USER_UID: Primary01,    REQUEST_PATH: (GET) /packages/tKRnAX3wCEJSVLI_4HQtJ0t2bz4=/signers/me/verification/verificationType
2020-02-24 22:20:06,484 INFO  [com.silanis.esl.signer.verification.resource.SignerVerificationRetrievalResource] (default task-17) BEGIN: com.silanis.esl.signer.verification.resource.SignerVerificationRetrievalResource@2ff002fa.getVerificationType ( tKRnAX3wCEJSVLI_4HQtJ0t2bz4=, me )
2020-02-24 22:20:06,488 INFO  [com.silanis.esl.signer.verification.resource.SignerVerificationRetrievalResource] (default task-17) END: com.silanis.esl.signer.verification.resource.SignerVerificationRetrievalResource@2ff002fa.getVerificationType elapsed (ms): 4
2020-02-24 22:20:06,488 INFO  [com.silanis.esl.web.exception.mappers.AbstractEslExceptionMapper] (default task-17) NotFoundException : null : returning status: Not Found : key=error.notFound.signerVerificationNotFound

thanks,

Cindy

Reply to: API Call - verification

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

Are you seeing a lot of such errors in the logs every day and does this error caused issues during the signing? I was browsing around the history tickets and found a very similar case indicates this error is a benign error. Below is the nature of the error message:

The front end wants to know whether verification is needed, and if so, what type. But in order to save an extra call to the server, it only asks for the type. And that returns a 404 if there is no verification. The front end knows that there is no authentication, and that is the information it needed, so it continues.

And if you are having the similar experience, the error message could be innocuous. Otherwise, we can have a support ticket with our on-prem team and they will help you analyze with the logs.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to:

0 votes

thanks for the reply.

I don't know if this is happened everyday or not, I just looked at one day log, and found it happened some times. 

From user experience, it seems nothing failed at least nobody reported the issue yet. 

Although this is benign error, I am wondering what does this API call do? is it a bug? 

Cindy

Reply to: API Call - verification

0 votes

This call is not an exposed API, and is invoked from front end internally, asking back end about the verification type of the current signer to determine whether to perform the Q&A or SMS authentication. As per the previous ticket, this error message is not identified as a bug. Please report to us if any user has failed because of this error message!

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off