amcdowell

Document visibility for sender as a signer.

0 votes

We're having some issues with hiding documents from some signers.  It works for the most part, but we don't seem to be able to hide a document from a signer when they are also the sender of the package.  Is this intentional?  Is that breaking some sort of base logic which requires the sender to always see every document?

Reply to: Document visibility for sender as a signer.

0 votes

Hi amcdowell,

Yes, your assumption is correct. I found below descriptions from the internal feature design documentation:

From API's perspective:

Cannot hide documents from Transaction owner: "When attempting to hide any document from the transaction owner (through the API), the action will be ignored; no error message will be displayed."

From Sender UI's perspective:
The template/transaction owner will see all documents; he will not be available within the document visibility setup screen.

I believe the reason behind this is exactly like you said, since all the documents are uploaded by sender and the visibility rules are designed by sender, it makes less sense to hide particular documents from sender when sender is a part of the signing process.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Yeah, I can see the logic in forcing them to view everything.  For our life insurance signing transactions we have many pdfs to be signed and several of them don't have any signatures for the agent (who is the sender) and in order to save time we want to hide the ones that the agent doesn't need to see.  We're in the process of migrating to OneSpan from our current on premises install of eSep 4.8 which does allow us to hide any document from any signer.  This probably isn't going to go over well with the agents who create a lot of transactions and are used to not seeing these extra documents.

0 votes

I understand your concerns, however, since the document visibility also regulates how many documents a recipient can access and download with, and as per the feature design, it's not allowed / will get ignored when editing sender's visibility, I doubt we can work it around from the document visibility's aspect. Below are few suggestions there come on top of my mind:

(1)If you are using classic signing ceremony, the page will automatically land to the first document with a signature, so if the agent could design the contract in a manner that all agent signing parts are put at the end of the contract, the review parts will be skipped automatically.

(2)If you got a chance to try our new signer experience, the new UI introduced a document menu shows you the overview list of the package and indicates which document prompts to sign. So instead of navigate through documents one by one, you can jump to the desired document instantly.

10-9-2

To try the new signer experience immediately, check our interactive demo site and choose the first use case "Personal Loan". Also refer to my blog "New Signer Experience – UI Interface" for more details.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off