cindy

Customized field

0 votes

Hi,

I have some questions regarding about the customized field using sender UI:

1) from the documentation, it seems we have to enable the feature, could you let me know where to enable it in the account level?

2) Currently, I am not sure if it's enabled in my account or not, but from testing result, it seems only apply to the package owner once package owner signed, the value will be automatically populated. is it correct? or it should apply to all the signers if it's enabled in the account?

3) In the customized field, I saw there is default value. so if I don't put anything there, where can I change the value? also there is checkbox for 'required', how does that work? 

Thanks,

Cindy

Reply to: Customized field

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

For your questions:
(1)By default, the custom field feature is turned on. And as long as you see the custom field page, it should be enabled already.

(2 & 3)I will try my best to explain how the custom field works:

In my own understanding, custom fields are supplementary information to your sender profiles. Defining from account owner's portal, and input individually from sender's portal, these fields can be referenced during signing ceremony when they are binding to senders.

Step 1: Define from account owner's UI

3-25-1

Step 2: Input values from sender's UI

3-25-2

As you may have observed, custom fields marked as required can't be left empty when trying to save the answers.

Step 3: Design the package

From account owner's view, create a package with sender as a signer, and bind the custom fields to the sender

Step 4: Finish Signing

After signing, the sender values will be populated. The screenshots below are taken when the package is under design, during signing, and after signing.

3-25-3

From there, we can answer your concerns: 

The custom fields shouldn't be applied to external signers, because they didn't input the values through portal.

"Required" regulates that the custom fields are mandatory to fill in when sender trying to improve personal (or per branch, per location, per business line) information. Also, when your workflow includes custom fields, the senders should be properly trained so that they won't miss to set the values.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Thanks Duo for the information. 

in the customized field, there is 'default value' field, if you don't put anything there, where to change the value? must be via portal or anywhere? 

thanks,

Cindy

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

You can input the value through UI or API, for API method, it's done by the sender update call:

POST /api/account/senders/{senderId}

with payload looks like:

{
  "userCustomFields": [
    {
      "id": "agent_number_id",
      "name": "",
      "value": "sender's value for agent number - changed",
      "required": true,
      "isValid": true,
      "translations": [
        {
          "data": null,
          "description": "Employee Agent Number.",
          "id": "",
          "language": "en",
          "name": "Agent Number"
        }
      ]
    },
    {
      "id": "policy_number_id",
      "name": "",
      "value": "sender's value for policy number",
      "required": false,
      "isValid": true,
      "translations": [
        {
          "data": null,
          "description": "Car Insurance Policy Number.",
          "id": "",
          "language": "en",
          "name": "policy number"
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

For the input schema, check the API reference > Schemas > Sender > userCustomFields

Duo

0 votes

i see. from sender UI, the only place is to change 'default value' in the portal? 

Cindy

0 votes

From my understanding, yes. The only place in sender UI related to custom field is to update the custom field values.

Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off