jwilliams

Pre-filled PDF combined with Template

0 votes

Is it possible to pass a pre-filled PDF into or with the usage of a template? That way we can use the template for signature placement but use our filling services to fill the rest of the data.

Reply to: Pre-filled PDF combined with Template

0 votes

Hi Josh,

When uploading a PDF, pre-filled forms will be flattened into the PDF, which I believe fits your requirement. See below:

8-13-1

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Hi Josh,

I got your point. If you want to upload a new PDF every time creating a package, but also have the fields metadata for signature replacement, you can consider to use the Layout feature instead or use together with Template feature.

Layout - using a previous document as blueprint, and apply the fields on successive documents

Since you already have the code base with a complete package creation process - add signers, specify package settings, upload document with hard coded positions, you just need to replace the document building part with the applying layout function, with layout ID or Name:

eslClient.LayoutService.ApplyLayout(packageId, "documentId", "layoutId");

or

eslClient.LayoutService.ApplyLayout(packageId, "documentId", "layoutName");

What you've pointed out in this post is exactly the main defect of using template, that you can't replace the document content when you create a package out of the template, or to use the field injection feature to pre-filled forms - a filling capability provided by OneSpan Sign.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Hey Josh,

If you need to edit or add something on your pdf I can recommend you to use online editors. Very easy to use and it's free. I use 

https://pdfchef.com/ when I need to edit my pdf documents. 

James

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off