praxedis

UI effects and tabbing

0 votes

I am fairly new to OneSpan sign API. I'm using Java SDK. Two questions:

I've noticed that when I tab through fields, a certain field is skipped. If I keep on tabbing, I eventually reach the skipped field. Is there a way to programmatically set the order of the fields so that tabbing follows that order?

I've been asked if I can add a hover effect to a validated field so that when a user hovers over it, they see the required format for the field before they fill the field out. Is this possible?

Any help appreciated.

Reply to: UI effects and tabbing

0 votes

Hi praxedis,

I believe you are talking about the behaviors during Signing Ceremony.

For the tabbing order, from my tests, (1)only input fields, including signatures can be focused (2)it follows the top-to-bottom sequence regardless of how you specifying the fields. If it doesn't follow my description, do you mind sharing a package ID and some brief explanation which fields get skipped so that I can check on your fields layout?

For the tooltip of text fields, it's customizable but only at account level and will take effect to ALL text fields. So I am afraid it's not possible to display error message as tooltip prior to submission. I can fill in an Enhancement Request for you if you can provide a brief description of the business motivation of this request.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to: UI effects and tabbing

0 votes

Hi praxedis,

For these two fields: "Employment End Date" and "Phone Number", employment end date field is unobvious, but slightly higher than the phone field, that's why it didn't follow the top-to-bottom, left-to-right tabbing order. You can group align fields in designer page by following below GIF:

Press the “shift” key and choose multiple fields. The four alignment buttons in the tool bar will be enabled and available to align fields to either top, bottom, left, or right. 

8-21-1

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off