mikcanf

Timezone

0 votes

I used {{TheHost}}/api/account/senders?from=1&to=100 API to retrieve Sender Object in JSON. The "top" level of this object contains two (I believe) related fields

"timezoneId": "GMT",
"created": "2020-04-24T17:42:42Z",

Under "account": { is another two fields

"updated": "2020-03-05T20:06:24Z",
"timezoneId": "Canada/Pacific",

Am I correct in thinking the timezoneId associated with "updated:" date/time stamp will be used to determine date/time of package creation?

We (in Vancouver Canada) want Daylight Savings to be automatically adjusted and my understanding the value of "Canada/Pacific" will do this correct?

If ALL of our Senders have "Canada/Pacific" value in timezoneId associated with "updated:" date/time stamp does it mean all of our processing Pkg's will be correct? ( Date / Time wise )

Reply to: Timezone

0 votes

Hi Mike,

In terms of the time zone:

top level > "timezoneId" is your sender level time zone, if not specified in package level, all packages created by this sender will inherit this time zone.

"account" > "timezoneId" is your account level time zone, it only affects newly invited senders (change account level time zone won't update all existing senders)

So in your case, you still need to manually or use the sender tool (refer to below two blogs) to update all your senders.

https://www.onespan.com/blog/onespan-sign-developer-sender-tool-part-1

https://www.onespan.com/blog/onespan-sign-developer-sender-tool-part-2

The time zone only formats the signature stamp, signing date field and evidence summary (the time zone will be indicated at every occurrence). Date fields in JSON ("created", "updated", etc.) which in format of "yyyy-dd-mmThh:mm:ssZ" are still in GMT time.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

My understanding of your comments below:

We need to update Sender Top-level "timezoneId": field to ->"Canada/Pacific"

To be complete, for all scenario's, we also need to update Sender Account-level "timezoneId": field ->"Canada/Pacific"

Above updates will ensure proper dates/time timezones on signature stamp, signing date field and evidence summary

Above updates to two "timezoneId": fields will mean auto time adjustments when we move to/from Daylight Savings

Required updates can be accomplished via OneSpan Sender update tool.

Sender Top-level field "created": "2020-08-25T16:22:36Z" is and will remain GMT

Sender Top-level field "updated": "2020-04-17T16:18:32Z" is and will remain GMT

Sender Account-level "updated": "2020-04-02T19:10:30Z" is and will remain GMT

0 votes

If you chose the location instead of the time zone abbreviation, for example, the "US/Eastern" time zone which should adapt automatically to EST / EDT when needed.

Duo

0 votes

I was using "Canada/Pacific" per below comments, is it not correct?

If you use just PST, the timezone stamped on signatures will stay PST the whole year. However, if you choose something like (GMT-8:00) Canada/Pacific, this will automatically switch the timezone stamp between PDT and PST at appropriate times of the year.

Regards,

Randy Agno
OneSpan Support

0 votes

I agree with Randy's reply that "Canada/Pacific" is correct.

Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off