detroyer

Signer Email Notifications

0 votes
Using REST API to create the package along with the documents and return a response package id. After that, we initiate a REST API signerAuthenticationToken passing packageId and email address of the signer which then redirect to an iframe to begin the signing ceremony. This is all done seamlessly without signer identity verification (email, question/answer or SMS). Is this possible? I am able to do it. Is it because I am in sandbox mode? Next question, is it necessary for signer to receive email notifications i.e. request to sign and signing ceremony complete? If not, can we turn off these email notifications? Thanks, David

Approved Answer

Reply to: Signer Email Notifications

0 votes
Hey David, I'll answer your questions in two parts.
This is all done seamlessly without signer identity verification (email, question/answer or SMS). Is this possible?
Yes, this is the normal eSignLive signing process. If you want to add signer authentication, you can have a look at this guide https://developer.esignlive.com/guides/feature-guides/authenticating-signers/. Anything you can do on sandbox, you will also be able to do on production. Basically, when you will be ready to go live with your application, the only thing you will need to do is change the endpoint url to point to production (i.e. https://apps.esignlive.com/api). Obviously, the watermarks will also disappear when you switch to production :)
Next question, is it necessary for signer to receive email notifications i.e. request to sign and signing ceremony complete? If not, can we turn off these email notifications?
It is not necessary to send email notifications to your signers. To turn them off, you'll need to send support a request for this ([email protected]). This can't be done through the API/SDKs. Also, it is important to note that email notifications are on an account level. Meaning that email notifications will be turned off for all subsequently created packages. Hope this helps :)
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

0 votes
Yes, this does help. Thank you. It would be nice turn off/on email notifications at the package level through the REST API. I think the user experience can get somewhat confusing when a user completed a signing ceremony and then found an email notification requesting a signature.

0 votes
You definitely have a valid point there. What I actually meant by "account level" was that turning off email notifications will affect all your packages. Hence, any package you send for signing, no email will be sent to your signers. If it were on a package level, you would have the ability to choose to send the email notification. Unfortunately, this is not currently possible with eSignLive. You can always make a request for this in the Enhancement Ideas forums. Our product management team regularly monitor this forum for ideas coming from clients. Regards,
Haris Haidary OneSpan Technical Consultant

Reply to:

0 votes

I would agree controlling the email notifications at the package level is important. For our in-person signing we will control the process completely and the email is unnecessary. For other clients we would like to sent the email. We would like to be able to implement this with a single service. Hoping this enhancement gets on the roadmap.

Actually I see this post is 4 years old - is this now possible?

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Michael,

There's an account level setting allowing you to turn off "email.activate" notification when in-person signing. Just need to contact [email protected] and our support agents will help you set your account in short.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off