cindy

call back event

0 votes

Hi,

in our current version 11.25, I found for callback event  i.e PACKAGE_READY_FOR_COMPLETE, the sessionUser has the account user id information in the request. 

{"@class":"com.silanis.esl.packages.event.ESLProcessEvent","name":"PACKAGE_READY_FOR_COMPLETE","sessionUser":"Poil6Eh3Az80","packageId":"waNKnkF9CgKaW0-q3TwuLFJgmT4=","message":null,"documentId":null}

but for PACKAGE_DECLINE, sessionUser contains signer Id who declined the package, and it seems nowhere to indicate the account UID.

{"@class":"com.silanis.esl.packages.event.ESLProcessEvent","name":"PACKAGE_DECLINE","sessionUser":"2bba271e-7e2b-40fc-b254-4d3beefb2efc","packageId":"F2VoV1tqrCpH_LYbv03-kQEhAtI=","message":"test for decline","documentId":null,"createdDate":"2021-02-18T19:34:25.191Z"}

my question is if it's possible to always include account user id in the request? basically we want to know when we receive the callback, we want to identify this callback is from which account? is it possible?

thanks,

Cindy

Reply to: call back event

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

Below is an example from my test, where the "sessionUser" always refer to the last signer that triggered the notification event and not necessary to be the account UID (in your case it's because the sender's Signer ID is happened to be the same as account UID)

{"@class":"com.silanis.esl.packages.event.ESLProcessEvent","name":"PACKAGE_READY_FOR_COMPLETE","sessionUser":"7c832cff-dc10-4c80-aca8-8ce6def98b12","packageId":"XOHI7W0Bc9YNKAPNifF0kMNs2vU=","message":"{\"requestUserEmail\":\"[email protected]\",\"requestUserUid\":\"7c832cff-dc10-4c80-aca8-8ce6def98b12\",\"triggeredByRequestUserAsSigner\":true}","documentId":null,"createdDate":"2021-04-29T14:40:42.696Z"}

If you have multiple accounts pointing to the same callback service, is it possible to add the account UID as a part of the URL path, like below:

https://mydomain.com/oss/callback/{accountUID}

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to:

0 votes

Thanks Duo.

I see what you mean. in our case, we want to have multiple environment (such as sit1, sit2, sit3) all sharing the 1 account, when we receive the callback event, is it possible to identify this event is fromwhich environment? 

the reason I am asking is we have lots of environment, currently 1 environment has 1 account which requires lots of manual work to create the account one by one. do you have any idea how we can improve it?

thanks,

Cindy

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

Not sure if this helps, but to set up the callback URL can also be automated by code:
eslClient.getEventNotificationService().register(newEventNotificationConfig(URL)
                .withKey(KEY)
                .forEvent(NotificationEvent.PACKAGE_CREATE)
                .forEvent(NotificationEvent.PACKAGE_DECLINE)
                .forEvent(NotificationEvent.PACKAGE_COMPLETE));

Which this code can be used as a part of the user provision process.

Duo

Reply to:

0 votes

we are using it for now. the Key is per account. if we have sit1 and sit2 share one account

for example, sit 1 creates a package in account A and account A return the callback event "PACKAGE_CREATE" to us, how do we know this event is related to the sit1 environment?

by the way, is there copy tool ready for copying account setting from one to the other so we don't need to manually setup one by one? if so, it might help us a lot.

thanks,

Cindy

Reply to: call back event

0 votes

Hi Duo,

I'd like to follow up with you from my last question, is there any tool for copying the account setting from one to the other? the purpose is we will create lots of accounts and currently we are doing manual account setup which cause some human error. we tried to avoid manual setup if it's possible. please advise.

thanks,

Cindy

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Cindy,

Sorry for the late reply! Unfortunately, to "Enabled the export of selected OneSpan Sign BackOffice settings from one account to another account." was implemented in release 11.28. This is an out-of-the-box feature in BackOffice, which allows you to export one account's setting to a CSV file and potentially import to another account. 

Duo

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off