jcordero

500 Error - Adding Personal Certificate verification

0 votes

Hi guys,

We’re using the Silanis.ESL.SDK implementation of your API services and a big part of the services are implemented on PRODUCTION already. Right now, we’re working adding the feature to request Personal Certificates from the Signer. This implementation is giving us some 500 error that give no information about the reason.

Could not create signer verification. Exception: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. HTTP POST on URI https://sandbox.esignlive.com/api/packages/ccCifKLTp1pxvA1ovGmIC6QZWGc=/roles/Signer/verification. Optional details: {"messageKey":"error.internal.default","message":"Unexpected error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact our support team.","code":500,"name":"Unhandled Server Error"}

Our implementation is as simple as:

SignerVerification personalCertificateSigning = new SignerVerification("personalCertificateSigning");
client.CreateSignerVerification(package, "Signer1", personalCertificateSigning);

Are you able to look into some kind of logs or give us feedback about possible reasons?

Any insight will be really appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to: 500 Error - Adding Personal Certificate verification

0 votes

Hi jcordero,

Thanks for your post! Just had a quick check with support team and seems your account hasn't turned on the "Personal Certificate verification", which I believe is the reason why you are seeing the 500 error.  Please kindly send a request to support team ([email protected]) for turning on Personal Certificate verification feature on your account.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Duo_Liang,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I was thinking just the same but I tested with another account and it gave me the same result. After making some changes (using client.CreatePackageOneStep) and trying to play with the RoleId what I'm having now is another response using different accounts:

Could not create signer verification. Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. HTTP POST on URI https://sandbox.esignlive.com/api/packages/0AmGfUaBqSogpVedFEJGSR9Nt9s=/roles/0_ab8fc388-46ac-4396-896e-72ff87372f42/verification. Optional details: {"messageKey":"error.validation.signerVerification.featureDisabled","code":400,"cause":{"present":false},"message":"A Business validation has failed."}

Could not create signer verification. Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. HTTP POST on URI https://sandbox.esignlive.com/api/packages/jXNM2_0tZ4B7l8_cSchek4p4NHo=/roles/0_ab8fc388-46ac-4396-896e-72ff87372f42/verification. Optional details: {"messageKey":"error.validation.signerVerification.featureDisabled","code":400,"cause":{"present":false},"message":"A Business validation has failed."}

As no detail is given by the response, it's kind of blind troubleshooting. What would you suggest?

PD: While using the OneSpan UI with these accounts I have no issues using the Personal Certificate feature.

1 votes

Hi jcordero,

If we are talking about this account [email protected], you don't have both "Certificate Signing" or "Personal Certificate Client" on. Could you double check in your UI if the account owner is the same email as your API Key holder?

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Hi Duo_liang,

Yes, you're just right.

We were testing out with either just one of the features for one of the account and the other one not under the owner with both enabled features.

Problem solved, thank you so much!

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off