peterzog

Conga or Field Mappings

0 votes

I think this is a dumb question, but do I need Conga to merge SF data into a document or can I use Field Mappings (via Conventions)? For example, I want to place the company name from the account record that the contact is related to on a document.  Conga or Conventions?

Reply to: Conga or Field Mappings

0 votes

Hi Peter,

Convention is a concept only available in OneSpan Sign SFDC Connector. According to your previous questions, seems you are integrating with APEX code, I doubt you would able to utilize the Connector's modelling.

On top of the Conga option, you could also leverage the "Field Injection" feature (guide here) which identifies the PDF form with certain name and stamps the value to the form while uploading.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to:

0 votes

Field injection is working great! Thank you for sending the guide.  I was able to merge several values into the document and send for signature via the APEX SDK. Very, very powerful!

We are evaluating the APEX integration path versus SFDC connector. In theory, the convention/field mapping feature should also be able to merge Salesforce data onto a document right? I am not having success with that.  I have set up a convention with a field mapping record that I want to merge the account name into the same e-sign field on my PDF. 

On my PDF I have a field named CompanyName (same field that the field injection pattern is using)

My field mapping looks like this:

fieldmappingexample

My transaction looks like this:

fieldmapping2

Reply to:

0 votes

Hi Peter,

I don't have a SFDC instance installed with OSS connector by hand, however from my previous experience:
Before you define a Field Mapping, you need to clicked on a Recipient Label > Add a new text tag, this text tag is different from the "Text Tag Extraction" feature, it just means to define a signature/field and how you want to put the signature/field.

From there, since you want to read data from a SFDC object, you will choose the "Label" field type, with the extraction method of "PDF Form Extraction", and give the text tag name the same as you defined in Field Mapping - "CompanyName". 

In this way, the connector knows which PDF form to look for (defined in text tag), and what value to pre-set (defined in Field Mapping) and potentially write back (A Text Field would be able to write back, while not a Label).

Note: Using PDF form (with certain name) to define a OneSpan Sign field is so called the "Position Extraction" feature. If you've defined a Label field, the behavior would be very similar to Field Injection, the difference is the value won't be stamped until the signer signed, versus Field Injection stamps the value at the upload time.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off