saida.higuera

Handdrawn

0 votes

Hello, i'm doing a review about this link: https://www.onespan.com/blog/onespan-sign-developer-upload-signature-your-signer, to understand how to save the handdrawn signature. But in this part i do not understantd: 

3. Use Handdrawn to Create a Package

If you want to upload a captured signature for a signer next time before sending a package, add this handdrawn attribute into Role Block of your request payload as shown below:

"signature":{

"handdrawn":"signer's handdrawn value"

}

The value is what in base64 some image that we already have?, do you have an example. There is some link where i can do some tests before to do the developpement ?

Reply to: Handdrawn

0 votes

Hi Saida,

Thanks for your post! Yes, the "handdrawn" value is exactly the base64 string you retrieved from the first step, either from an existing signature, or converted by the tool included in the blog.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Thank you for your answer, is there any link or a way to test this functionality like with postman or something 

Or do you have an example of all the end points. request and answer. Thanks 

0 votes

Hi Saida,

Below API allow you to upload the handdrawn signature to your sender, and verify the output via sender portal (you need to log out then log in in order to have the changes take effect):

POST /api/account/senders/{senderId}

{

"signature": {

"handdrawn": "base64_string",

"textual": null

}

}

Duo

0 votes

Let me see if i understand, this is just for the senders, is not for all the signers is that rigth.

0 votes

I realy do not understand very well this functionality, in the example of the lik it says that you send that in the signer part, but here you said that is in the sender information. I do not see how to use this functionality. 

0 votes

And also can you please explain how to use the tool, where can i download the .jar

0 votes

How can i get the  approvalID GET /packages/{packageId}/documents/{documentId}/approvals/{approvalId}?? 

0 votes

Hi Saida,

For your questions:
#1 how can i execue the tool?

You can download the tool from the code share page, then click the "download code share" button. I also attached a documentation for the tool, where you can find detailed instructions on how to run the tool.

#2 in the signer part vs in the sender information

You can pre-set handdrawn signature for both signer and sender. Trying with sender first allows you to easily verify whether the base64 string is correct or not.

#3 How can i get the  approvalID?

May I know the exact use case you are trying to achieve? You'll only need approval ID when you want to download an existing capture signature. It's not necessary when you convert an image to the base64 string.

Duo

0 votes

Hello, thank you for your answers: 

1 ) Yesterdayr when we try to execute the tool the dawnload did not work but today it did. 

2 and 3) We want that ours signers that use continuously the signature could pre set theirs signature, and we want to offert the two ways, one the one they upload an image of their signature and another one they retrieve OneSpan image of a signature they made earlier.

0 votes

Hello, Can you help me with the points 2 and 3 :

2 and 3) We want that ours signers that use continuously the signature could pre set theirs signature, and we want to offert the two ways, one the one they upload an image of their signature and another one they retrieve OneSpan image of a signature they made earlier.

0 votes

Hi Saida,

To retrieve an existing handdrawn signature, you simply need to know the package ID and the signer's role ID, then invoke below API. You'll find the base64 string from "signers" > "signature" > "handdrawn":

GET /api/packages/{packageId}/roles/{roleId}

{
  "id": "feaae2b5-96ef-4348-bce2-64a1100655b0",
  "data": null,
  "reassign": false,
  "deliverDocumentsByEmail": false,
  "emailMessage": {
    "content": ""
  },
  "attachmentRequirements": [],
  "locked": false,
  "specialTypes": [],
  "index": 0,
  "type": "SIGNER",
  "signers": [
    {
      "address": null,
      "company": "2",
      "timezoneId": "",
      "created": "2022-07-11T13:47:23Z",
      "email": "[email protected]",
      "external": null,
      "firstName": "John",
      "language": "en",
      "lastName": "Smith",
      "phone": "",
      "professionalIdentityFields": [],
      "signature": {
        "textual": null,
        "handdrawn": "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"
      },
      "title": "1",
      "updated": "2022-07-11T13:47:23Z",
      "userCustomFields": [],
      "specialTypes": [],
      "passwordTimestamp": null,
      "idvAuthentication": null,
      "group": null,
      "id": "d200cff8-ef82-4bba-8341-4833271cf73e",
      "data": null,
      "auth": {
        "scheme": "NONE",
        "challenges": [],
        "idvWorkflow": null
      },
      "knowledgeBasedAuthentication": null,
      "delivery": {
        "provider": false,
        "email": false,
        "download": false
      },
      "signerType": "EXTERNAL_SENDER",
      "ssoConfigured": false,
      "name": ""
    }
  ],
  "name": "Signer1"
}

Alternatively, you can have the signer upload their capture signature image, and leverage the tool to get the base64 string.

Once you have the base64 string by hand, whenever you created a new transaction, it's the same place to preset the value, see below example:
POST /api/packages

{
  "roles": [
    {
      "id": "Role1",
      "signers": [
        {
          "email": "[email protected]",
          "firstName": "1.firstname",
          "lastName": "1.lastname",
          "company": "OneSpan Sign",
          "signature": {
            "handdrawn": "signer's handdrawn value"
          }
        }
      ]
    }
  ],
  "documents": [
    {
      "approvals": [
        {
          "role": "Role1",
          "fields": [
            {
              "page": 0,
              "top": 100,
              "subtype": "FULLNAME",
              "height": 50,
              "left": 100,
              "width": 200,
              "type": "SIGNATURE"
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
      "name": "Test Document"
    }
  ],
  "name": "Example Package",
  "type": "PACKAGE",
  "language": "en",
  "emailMessage": "",
  "description": "New Package",
  "autocomplete": true,
  "status": "SENT"
}

Duo

0 votes

Thak you so much for the example and for the answer

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off