peterzog

Attaching a PDF to the Form via Sender to include in Package

0 votes

We have a use case for the sender to attach an additional PDF document to the form in the package.  For context, our implementation has a library of forms that our users can select from with pre-defined merge fields and signer blocks.  We do not use the designer tool.  We use a combination of apex, lwc, and flow to create the onespan package and we are envisioning allowing the user to upload a PDF the would appear as part of the signing ceremony. 

Is this realistic? Do we need to look into JS tooling that combines PDF documents or OneSpan have a method / pattern that supports this?

Peter

Approved Answer

Reply to: Attaching a PDF to the Form via Sender to include in Package

0 votes

Hi Peter,

If you meant to merge two PDF files, yes, OSS doesn't have this ability and you may use a third-party library to achieve the goal.

PS: when you mentioned "append an attachment directly to that document", if you literally mean to attach a file to a PDF Document, in which case, OneSpan Sign doesn't support this kind of document, and you will hit this error when uploading the document:

"Cannot process document. Please make sure your document does not contain any embedded files."

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Hi Peter,

Do you need to append this uploaded PDF document to the end of the selected form? In this case, OSS doesn't have the ability to reorganize PDF pages.

Or, can this additional document be added to the package as a separate document? The APEX SDK has provided the function to do so.

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

0 votes

Hi Duo,

Just confirming.  If I have a form that needs a signature, there isn't a method to append an attachment directly to that document?  It has to be a separate document in the OSS package and when downloaded after signing it will be a separate PDF?  I am assuming I would need a third party library to merge two PDF files, is that right?

Peter

0 votes

Thank you for clarifying.  Lets say we have a 1 page form template and we want our sender to upload a document to become page 2 in the final PDF.  I am see you clearly stating a third-party merge tool is required to accomplish this. 

Thanks again.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off