ppastor

Laserfiche not getting back the signed documents Need help troubleshooting

0 votes

Need some assistance - 

Newly deployed integration with Laserfiche. Followed the white paper instructions for the integration. Installed notification server on a DMZ front facing server, URL is reachable from the outside and the DMZ box is able to communicate to the internal servers. 

When we send documents from laserfiche for signatures to OneSpan, we are able to send it successfully. Once signed, we anticipate the document coming back into the laserfiche repository. This behavior is not happening at all. We checked for any error logs, nothing we have found, we checked the DB tables, it does update the DB table for the transactions.

Settings we used on the integration side is to have the document be sent over to overwrite the exisiting. User account used has full admin on the laserfiche side. Not sure what we have missed here as the integration instructions, we followed step by step.

Reply to: Laserfiche not getting back the signed documents Need help troubleshooting

0 votes

Hi ppastor,

Thanks for your post! Can I have the package ID of this transaction so that I can check in OneSpan Sign logs to see if the callback has been sent out successfully, and furthermore, if the subsequent download signed documents API succeeded?

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to: Laserfiche not getting back the signed documents Need help troubleshooting

0 votes

Hi, I have attached the transaction. Thanks for your response.

0 votes

Hi ppastor,

Thanks for the information! I saw a failure message in our logs:

"A callback for package 'FOj7LU9G_EfWWm61B_fvBZeKGjc=' and url 'https://pxxxs/OneSpanSignConnectorService/Api/Notify' has failed. Attempting to send an email to the owner of the package ([email protected]) to inform him."

The account owner's email should have received a callback failure email with the failure reason. 

On top of that, if you want to have a quick test whether your callback server is up, you can try this API call with a HTTP tool like Postman from public internet:

POST https://pxxxs/OneSpanSignConnectorService/Api/Notify

With Request Header - Authorization: Basic {callback key if you specified}

With Request Payload Example: {"@class":"com.silanis.esl.packages.event.ESLProcessEvent","name":"PACKAGE_COMPLETE","sessionUser":"Employee","packageId":"FOj7LU9G_EfWWm61B_fvBZeKGjc=","message":null,"documentId":null,"createdDate":"2023-04-14T14:39:33.110Z"}

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

After several attempts, the call back is still failing. We followed the steps outlined and here is one of the results from testing with postman

"Server error occoured. Error - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)".

We installed, SSMS on the DMZ server where notification is installed and we are able to connect to the database no problem. Port 1433 is open. 

Here is the last transaction:

{"@class":"com.silanis.esl.packages.event.ESLProcessEvent","name":"PACKAGE_COMPLETE","sessionUser":"155cdc8d-0827-44aa-b6bb-c824d26af306","packageId":"5FUsBW5_TDz_dNCCDjoUZr0GF1c=","message":null,"documentId":null,"createdDate":"2023-06-15T20:20:38.986Z"} 
Reason(s): java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException 

0 votes

Hi Paul,

The TimeoutException is caused due to the callback server didn't response OK within 20 seconds. I checked OneSpan Sign logs and can confirm that there's no get or download API call within this 20 seconds.

Further from your test with postman, it sounds like an issue of availability of the database that's deployed backing the repository. Let me do some research where to check for this type of issue. I will update this thread once I found anything.

Duo

0 votes

Quick question - is LF installed at the same DMZ server? In another word, does the callback service has access to this file "C:\Program Files\Laserfiche\Web Access\Web Files\Config\WebAccessConfig.xml"? This file contains the database connection information, which looks like below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<WebAccessConfiguration SchemaVersion="2">
  <OneSpanSignSettings>
    <MSSQLServerCredential UserId="sa" Password="NXf/Fxxxxx3g==" DataSourceName="WIN-SOJ8IT1SB1J" DatabaseName="OSSInfo" />    
  </OneSpanSignSettings>

</WebAccessConfiguration>

This bit of information is used to build the connection string:

$"data source={DataSourceName};initial catalog={DatabaseName};user id={UserId};password={Password_After_Decryption};MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework"

I doubt the connection information was wrong since the same database connection is also used for transaction creation. But I am thinking of some access/permission related issue - if callback server has access to this xml file, and if SQL server allows connection from callback server.

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

Good morning. The LF Server is installed inside their domain server LFAPP5, the notification service/server for OneSpan is installed on a DMZ server LFAPP3. Is there a port that needs to be open from both servers?

If needed be, we can also test installing the LF Web Application on the LFAPP3 (DMZ) server.

Thanks,

Paul

0 votes

Hi Paul,

I think it should support the infrastructure where LF server, SQL server and notification server are installed in different locations. Thus before you test installing LF web application to DMZ server, can you try to manually add the xml file to the location "C:\Program Files\Laserfiche\Web Access\Web Files\Config\WebAccessConfig.xml" on DMZ server and trigger the callback again?

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

Good morning. I copied the app_config xml to that location and re-tried the signing. It still did not update the document I have in Laserfiche.

Best,

Paul

0 votes

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear that! I actually meant to copy the WebAccessConfig.xml to 

C:\Program Files\Laserfiche\Web Access\Web Files\Config\WebAccessConfig.xml

(Although similar, but the xml structure is slightly different from the app_config.xml)

For security reason, I believe you can remove other settings and only keep these parts:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<WebAccessConfiguration SchemaVersion="2">
  <OneSpanSignSettings>
    <MSSQLServerCredential UserId="sa" Password="NXf/Fxxxxx3g==" DataSourceName="WIN-SOJ8IT1SB1J" DatabaseName="OSSInfo" />    
  </OneSpanSignSettings>

</WebAccessConfiguration>

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

The WebAccessConfig.xml from the internal Web Server and copy it to the DMZ server location correct?

Best,

Paul

0 votes

That's correct. Sry if I didn't make it clear. :)

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

Good morning. We are still seeing the issue. I went ahead and re-install the integration. At this point, do you want me to try and install the Laserfiche Web Access Application on the DMZ server?

Best,

Paul

0 votes

Hi Paul,

Yes, if the issue persists, please try to install the LF Web Access on the DMZ server. Let me know how this works for you.

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

Good afternoon. We installed the Web Access on the DMZ and installed OneSpan Web Client integration. After the installation we wanted to test the configuration. However we are getting the screenshot below showing the dropdown does not work hence we cannot enter the sandbox environment and credentials. Any workaround for this? Thanks!

Image removed.

0 votes

Hi Paul,

May I know which disk you've installed the LF Web Access? Because for every occurrence where OneSpan integration needs a database connection, it will look for a hardcoded path:

C:\Program Files\Laserfiche\Web Access\Web Files\Config\WebAccessConfig.xml

Again, you can copy the WebAccessConfig.xml file to that path if you have installed LF in a different disk.

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

Good morning. We installed Web Access on the DMZ server on C drive default path. I checked the xml and it does contain the DB information similar to the internal web access server. I can copy the internal server's xml and i'll report back with result. In any case, would this be also an indication that the SQL database is not accessible? Also, does it try to connect to the default 1433 port? Thanks!

Best,

Paul

0 votes

Hi Paul,

DB info is copied to WebAccessConfig.xml automatically when you launched the Installer.ps1 script and selected to install "1. WebClient". (You mentioned that you had installed the web client integration, not so sure what could be wrong here)

During the xml copy, the script wouldn't try to connect to database, so it didn't indicate the database is not accessible. But of course, to assure the database accessibility is essential.

The SQL connection string looks like below:

data source={DataSourceName};initial catalog={DatabaseName};user id={UserId};password={Password_After_Decryption};MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework

1433 is the default port for SQL Server, but I think it's possible to use a comma in DataSourceName to specify a port number with SQL Server, for example:

mycomputer.test.xxx.com,1234

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

I copied the webaccessconfig xml file from the internal server to the external dmz server and it is still giving the issue where I do not see anything on the dropdown. I also checked using port query GUI that 1433 goes vice versa on both servers (SQL and DMZ). Anything else I can try at this point? Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you for your time.

Best,

Paul

0 votes

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear that and no worries!

Can you have a quick test from external server trying to connect the database, either via SQL server management studio, or from console using command line similar to:
sqlcmd -S WIN-SOJ8IT1SB1J -d OSSInfo -U sa -P password (note that the password is not encrypted)

If the issue still persists, let's schedule an online troubleshoot session to sort it out together. Please kindly send your availability to [email protected].

Duo

0 votes

Duo,

We actually tested this not too long ago. We are able to communicate from external to SQL via SSMS. 

I will email you my available times for tomorrow.

Best,

Paul 

0 votes

I am having similar issue.  Able to send out document to be signed from WF.  Signer received the document and signed it.  However, the WF is waiting for the tag from OneSpan.  Here is the transaction id:  L6vVZzc7OnRL5d6XbZA0DBRpXAg=

Here is the LF Workflow waiting for the completed transaction:  Image removed.Image removed.

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off